Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:31 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
Written confirmation of the deal e-mailed to the buyer is pretty close to a contract.
Nothing is "close" to a contract unless signed by all parties. They thought better of the low deal and changed their mind. Sorry for the friend, but that's the way the world works. As someone earlier replied, you can't make someone sell at a certain price, just like someone can't make you buy something at a price. I think the friend could still work out a deal, but it will just be a little more "reasonable" from the dealer's point of view. Then he can do the usual, take it or leave it.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 11-08-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTC View Post
If that deal doesn't work out, have him go to JMK in Springfield. A lot of us have had success dealing with Mark Carvalho.
+1000 I had my problems with OpenRoad quite a few years ago, breaking there promoses a few times in there sales and service that I knew it was time for a change. Went to JMK BMW and have been with them ever since. Never had one problem with them in all the years I've been going to them. I did 4 ED's through Mark Carvalho and each one went as smooth as silk. Mark is the best without the BS and knows BMW's inside and out. As far as there Service IMO its the best.they go out of there way to please you. Good luck
cheers
vern
PS to bad the OP and his friend didn't do as search on BMW of Morristown, owned by OpenRoad, all 4 of there dealerships have the same problems.
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats

Last edited by vern; 11-11-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535 x Drive
I like This dealership for service, but not for sales. On my 4th BMW and not from them as a result. They Wouldn't deal online in the past both in 2008 & 2011 when shopping around (there are lots of BMW dealerships in Nj). All provided quotes via email. And their fees are ridiculous.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: F30 320i, B6 A4 1.8T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
Thanks. I passed it on. However I am hoping Kos does the right thing here since its a hassle to start from scratch with another dealer.
Absolutely, that would be ideal. Crappy situation, but I hope it works out for the best
Old 11-08-2013, 05:18 PM

Mein Auto: Lexus GS350 & BMW 428x
Advice: Openroad BMW Edison, NJ reneging on deal

Here is my take. Give the GM have the chance to make it right

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by zoombie99; 11-08-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:51 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombie99 View Post
Here is my take. The the GM have the chance to make it right

Agree. This is a moment of truth.

Employees make mistakes, but once you escalate to the GM then you find out what the company really stands for.

Thanks for escalating. Let's see if they do the right thing.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 11-09-2013, 05:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Agree. This is a moment of truth.

Employees make mistakes, but once you escalate to the GM then you find out what the company really stands for.

Thanks for escalating. Let's see if they do the right thing.

By all means give them a chance to make it right. Also see if they dig the hole deeper like they usually do. Do yourself a favor and do a search on there dealerships and you'll know what Im talking about. Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 550ix M Sport
I recently purchased my 550ix M Sport in NJ and would highly recommend my dealer. PM for details.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:09 AM
The Driver

Update: Kosta Pappas looked into the situation and has decided to honor the original deal.

Glad to see that while mistakes happen at the lower levels, senior management is taking the high road.

Thanks to Zoombie for reaching out and bringing this to Kosta's attention and to everyone else for showing support here.

My friend and his wife are thankful.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 11-09-2013, 10:09 AM
The Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
By all means give them a chance to make it right. Also see if they dig the hole deeper like they usually do. Do yourself a favor and do a search on there dealerships and you'll know what Im talking about. Good luck
cheers
vern
Good news. They made it right.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 11-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Audi-Bimmer Fan

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 M5 CP
That is not an uncommon deal for that area. Tell your friend, and I recommend others, to use truecar.com. According to the location, Edison NJ, some people are buying the 435xi below invoice. Best deals in the area for a 2014 is 6.14 - 8.14% below MSRP. The truecar price that dealers in the area honor is about 5.84%. I bought my M5 using a truecar certificate, at $1k over invoice, and barely 5 minutes of negotiation. If you come in informed and well prepared, and willing to walk out, dealers don't have much power. It's also end of year, your friend should be able to negotiate better.

Retired: 2010 Audi B8 S4 [trade-in], 2008 E92 335i [lemon], 2007 E92 335i [totaled]

Last edited by sf_loft; 11-09-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:55 PM

Mein Auto: '14 550xi
These guys are a bunch of clowns .... I ordered my 550xi from these guys in July for October delivery .... Salesperson was unprofessional during a subsequent visit to the dealer to review the contract and my eligibility of a BMW discount. He started to raise his voice and yell at me in the showroom.

Fast forward to delivery ... These clowns ordered my car with the wrong wood trim! Had to spend 4 hours to get them to agree to offer compensation to accept the vehicle as is. Managers there are unprofessional, unresponsive and genuinely could care less about customer satisfaction.

I will not return to this dealership for a single thing ... I have a F15 to order in a few months ... Will be doing this elsewhere. BTW ... Circle BMW is great for service ... Sales dept. is nice and friendly ... But they do not budge much on price ... Hence the only reason I went to Open Road .... 8% off of MSRP
Old 11-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Technician Extraordinaire

Mein Auto: 2014 550i M-Sport
Since the 435i is just rolling into the dealers, supplies are scarce and demand is relatively high. If you are getting 6% off the MSRP, they aren't making much money on the front-end of the deal.

Wait 6 months, and you'll have no problem making this deal. Right now, the inventory is going to people who are willing to pay a premium to have the 1st 435i on the block.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:49 PM
The Driver

Advice - Openroad Edison BMW reneging on deal

Update: issue was escalated to dealership GM. Dealership GM decided to honor the deal.

Seems like the sales manager made a mistake but the GM took ownership of the problem and honored the deal.

Great news!

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 11-10-2013, 05:59 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Update: issue was escalated to dealership GM. Dealership GM decided to honor the deal.

Seems like the sales manager made a mistake but the GM took ownership of the problem and honored the deal.

Great news!

Congrats!
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.