Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5
Too "beak-ish", like the X3. The fog light positioning tries for a snarling look, but achieves more of a nostril look. The headlights touching the grills looks like a supplier mistake that had to be massaged due to the extent of the liability and damages. And the display on the dash looks aftermarket/afterthought. And if they have lightened up the steering, as has been reported, that's a serious downer. IMO.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:40 AM

Mein Auto: 320i, X3 and X5
The car looks average in real, I liked rear lights and exhaust looks more detailed than E70, I liked the instrument panel, it is similar to the F25, what surprised me is that the car has a decor light (line) just below the windows all around inside, it comes from the back doors goes to the front doors and even in the dash and I saw it in red and green!!??, I dont think that a luxury car needs that kind of teens decor, maybe Im getting old.

Last edited by mgarciah; 10-25-2013 at 07:41 AM. Reason: fixing errors
Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 Xdrive 3.5d
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
Was it quieter inside? That is the biggest gripe I had with the E70.
Quiter inside? Well, I've always considered my E70 to be a very quiet car. In fact, I have a number of people in it that have commented on how quiet the vehicle is. Saying that, I cannot be sure whether they were saying it was quiet or it was quiet for a diesel.

Anyhow, the F15 that I drove did not strike me as noticeably different in terms of noise level compared to my E70 3.5d.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Saw it first hand, let me preface this with my opinions haven`t changed from the spyshots, till the reveal. The X5 has a gorgeous evolutionary interior. Its now on par with the latest from MB and Audi. But I do miss the center panel door lock switch (now replaced with safety system one touch on off or semi off). The led ambiance lighting is a nice touch (loved them on Gts). The comfort rear seats are good...but really should be standard as others have the same thing but standard (marketing dep). The fit finish is nice, love the steering wheel retro design.

That was the good

The exterior is not a looker, but a head turner (just like the aztec ) The X3 donor lights are all led so noticeable improvement. The sides not aggressive like the E70. They need to figure out a better plastic option for the air dams. they look very bad for a car that supposedly retails for $60k+. The lights were xenons, and yes to those who are pondering whether to get xenons vs leds its still nothing that demands you tick it besides appeal. The led rings on the xenons are quite good, and compared to the rings on a 6 series Led beams you can`t tell the difference during the day. At night maybe to a an astute enthusiast but the rest of the world its the same. My personal feelings are that LED lights on any BMW don`t really differentiate themselves well from say Audis or MB. If you look an audi they differentiate their full led cars from their xenon's or halogens really well (if your a light snob).

All in all, looking forward to a luxury line X5 demonstration in January when they get their first deliveries of the traffic jam assist. Until then ehh

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW X5, xDrive35d
I Liked it More Than Expected

I saw one 2 weeks ago when I stopped by the dealer to get my 2010 35d washed. It was the first one the dealer has gotten (small dealer) and it was pretty bare for options. It didn't have any of the electronics packages (no HUD, none of the safety stuff, etc.).

Overall, I liked it a lot more than I had expected. Loved the interior and definitely thought it was an upgrade from the E70. The only thing I didn't like still is the way they mount the Nav screen. I think it just sticks out to far, but that's how they've done it in most of the F-series' that I've looked at.

As far as the exterior, as others have commented, I liked the look of the rear tail lights, etc. I liked the front-end more than I thought and really like the side profile. The one thing that will take some getting used to is that it looks shorter, even though I saw it in a line with some E70's this morning and the hood looks taller. (The blockiness of the F-series just makes it look that way.)

I look forward to giving one a drive. I wouldn't consider getting one until the d comes out...
Old 11-05-2013, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535I & 2008 G35
New 2015 GLA looks sweet.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinj6 View Post
So sexy... Well, not really. Actually, it kind of looks like this beaut:

Attachment 401139

Even the full size Range Rover looks like a Ford Explorer lol
They are in the same family still right? I think that's where the styling que came from.
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:43 PM

Mein Auto: E70 50i M Sport 2013
I'm not just saying this because I have one but I think the E70 is going to go down like the E39 as a really classic design that is a stunner for years to come.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:55 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Flame Comment FYI not serious at all but

OMG does the GLA have the same amount of cargo space as the F15....

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 & 2012 X5 35d
Saw a space grey S-drive 35i today at Costco. I am sorry guys, but in my opinion the exterior on the new F15 is not very appealing. Front is OK, but the side profile (especially in the back) and the rear looks bad, like it was just an afterthought. Doesn't flow at all... Reminded me for some reason of a minivan I am glad that some of you like the design.

Last edited by finnbmw; 11-10-2013 at 04:35 PM.