Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 10-26-2013, 04:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 525i
Question re: CCC Part #'s...

I have an 07 U.S. 525i with Pro Nav and now a failed CCC unit.... I've been through all the variables, verified it's the CCC and nothing else, and have decided not to go into the CIC upgrade path, but rather get it back to stock...

Having said all that, I've been to realoem.com and verified the needed part no. as 65839123088 for my VIN, BUT I've found one locally that was apparently pulled from an O8 535 with a part no. of 65839134837. Problem is I can't find any reference anywhere to that part number specifically except on a couple of sites advertising it as one of many CCC CD numbers. www.realoem.com doesn't show it though. I've seen pics of it and it looks exactly right (as opposed to 08 ones that have the radio preset buttons - mine does not.)

Can any of you that are more knowledgeable about parts nos. tell me whether this is a valid part or not?

Any help much appreciated!
Ads by Google
Old 10-26-2013, 05:18 PM
DIY'er

Mein Auto: 2004 545i
Bottom line, if it's a CCC, it will work.

I can't find a thing on that part number
Old 10-26-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
Bottom line, if it's a CCC, it will work.

I can't find a thing on that part number
Thanks... Kinda weird that the number is so AWOL though. Here's a pic of the unit if anyone is actually interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4400.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	404262  
Old 10-28-2013, 09:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci
Question re: CCC Part #'s...

Are you selling your broken unit?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-28-2013, 10:05 AM
USAF Pararescue Veteran

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
There are many, many part #s for the CCC unit. Basically, as schpenexel pointed out, they will all work. The replacement unit WILL have to be coded to your car though.

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Old 10-28-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUalacra View Post
Are you selling your broken unit?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Yes. I figure someone with the know-how should be able to rebuild it as that's what BMW is doing anyway. Mine even has a perfectly good Nav DVD stuck in it.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:30 PM
DIY'er

Should be a simple one to code though. Basically just set it back to defaults and it should be fine--can walk you through it if you have NCS Expert setup and working
Old 10-28-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Should be a simple one to code though. Basically just set it back to defaults and it should be fine--can walk you through it if you have NCS Expert setup and working
Thanks for the offer of a little help, I may take you up on that! I really want to get into coding and this seems like a fairly straightforward one to start with.... Famous last words though I suppose!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:31 PM

UPDATE: For a variety of reasons, including the specific recommendations elsewhere of some of you in this thread, I went ahead and ordered "the real deal" from the folks at getbmwparts.com. The benefits of a warranty backed part from an Authorized Dealer FAR outweigh the minimal savings to be had in buying a salvage pull from an unknown entity on eBay (at least for my comfort level). I asked a couple of questions via email about the Core return process, etc. and Jason over there was incredibly responsive.

As a side note, are there fewer variables in programming one of these from the factory as it presumably won't have a previous VIN married to it? I may still have the local dealer program it, but I'm really interested in trying my hand at it if the risks are minimal....

Again, thanks for all the good information here gang!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:33 PM
DIY'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by whdigital View Post
UPDATE: For a variety of reasons, including the specific recommendations elsewhere of some of you in this thread, I went ahead and ordered "the real deal" from the folks at getbmwparts.com. The benefits of a warranty backed part from an Authorized Dealer FAR outweigh the minimal savings to be had in buying a salvage pull from an unknown entity on eBay (at least for my comfort level). I asked a couple of questions via email about the Core return process, etc. and Jason over there was incredibly responsive.

As a side note, are there fewer variables in programming one of these from the factory as it presumably won't have a previous VIN married to it? I may still have the local dealer program it, but I'm really interested in trying my hand at it if the risks are minimal....

Again, thanks for all the good information here gang!
CCC's aren't married to a particular VIN like the newer CIC's are, so that makes it a lot easier

Basically, you just have to tell it what options your car has so it knows what sound system, Sirius or not, HD radio or not, etc. to use. That's about it

(if you can get INPA / NCS Expert up and going, I can show you how to do it)

Last edited by schpenxel; 10-31-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:51 PM
USAF Pararescue Veteran

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
^^^^ What he said. I would suggest, while you're at it, either get the AUX input cable (also from getbmwparts.com - $60) or get the iPod integration kit (~$250). Enabling either one of these while they code the rest should be no additional cost and it will give you functionality you didn't have before - you can play and/or control iPod through your iDrive. When I replaced my CCC I added the AUX input for that reason, it won't control the iPod, but it did allow it to play through the stereo and when either is enabled it also enables MP3 playback in the CD player.

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Old 10-31-2013, 03:02 PM

Thanks guys... My car has the AUX port installed as part of its original equipment, so I certainly don't want to take any steps backward.

Will report back when I get the replacement unit. getbmwparts.com has already processed and shipped it today!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
CCC's aren't married to a particular VIN like the newer CIC's are, so that makes it a lot easier

Basically, you just have to tell it what options your car has so it knows what sound system, Sirius or not, HD radio or not, etc. to use. That's about it

(if you can get INPA / NCS Expert up and going, I can show you how to do it)
I did get the replacement unit installed and it fires up fine with basic stuff needed. Now just need to code it to car and I'm having a helluva time finding exact information on how to do it. Seems like most of the information out there is to change parameters like chimes, etc. That I get., but feeling stupid about the EXACT steps needed for getting this thing married to my VIN.

I got a cable and INPA talking (finally). Got the latest 50.2 SP-Daten file for e60. Just feeling lost/paranoid about next steps. Any guides out there I haven't found? I've even found some info on dealing with used CCC and rewriting VIN, but nothing about "virgin" factory OEM replacement.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06 525xi Monaco Blue
I had my CCC unit replaced awhile back by my independent. Installation and programming I believe was ~$300. Installation is a total PITA. It sounds as if he's finished that step. But in any case I also remember that recoding everything took overnight by the independent. This included upgrading to the latest version of the software. IMHO it isn't worth your trouble to save $100 or $200 to try and recode it yourself. Now, if this is a challenge you find rewarding, by all means go for it. But I think the risks involved are too high for my tastes and would rather let someone who knows what they are doing handle it.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:54 AM

You may be right. Frustrating though as I have the various software pieces working, but I can always have some fun later with changing features like running lights and such. That actually looks really straight forward.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: 08 Z06//04 545i
You replaced it with another CCC model correct?

- Go into expert mode in NCS.
- Load your VO. Nothing should have changed here assuming you have not messed with it.
- Go back to the main screen in NCS.
- Select ProcessECU
- Select CCC
- Hit ok or whatever prompt coming up confirming what model/version CCC you have
- Hit Change Job on the main screen of NCS Expert.
- Select Sg_Codieren
- Select Execute Job

That should code the VO to the CCC unit and make the CCC fully functional with whatever options you had previously installed. I did this off the top of my head so if anyone sees a discrepancy please let me know.

04 545i ll Cold Weather ll Premium ll Sport ll Logic7 ll Mtech ll CIC Navigation ll LCI Headlights ll LCI Taillights

08 z06 ll 2LZ ll TSP LS7S Cam ll PRC Springs ll Airaide ll Too much to list

Last edited by svre46; 11-14-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svre46 View Post
You replaced it with another CCC model correct?

- Go into expert mode in NCS.
- Load your VO. Nothing should have changed here assuming you have not messed with it.
- Go back to the main screen in NCS.
- Select Change ECU
- Select CCC.
- Hit ok or whatever prompt coming up confirming what model/version CCC you have
- Hit Change Job on the main screen of NCS Expert.
- Select Sg_Codieren
- Select Process ECU

That should code the VO to the CCC unit and make the CCC fully functional with whatever options you had previously installed. I did this off the top of my head so if anyone sees a discrepancy please let me know.

Yes, straight up replacement with a Factory OEM one from getbmwparts so there's no "donor" VIN issue.

Your steps are really helpful... One question, do I need to load in the latest SP-Daten or does that not even matter if I am just loading in my own VO from expert mode in NCS?

Oh, and no - never messed with anything prior. Just got all the software and INPA working to do this.

Last edited by whdigital; 11-14-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: 08 Z06//04 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by whdigital View Post
Yes, straight up replacement with a Factory OEM one from getbmwparts so there's no "donor" VIN issue.

Your steps are really helpful... One question, do I need to load in the latest SP-Daten or does that not even matter if I am just loading in my own VO from expert mode in NCS?

Oh, and no - never messed with anything prior. Just got all the software and INPA working to do this.
I don't know how old yours are but I used v46. You just need to make sure the daten files are new enough to recognize the CCC module. Most likely yours will be regardless. I corrected the steps in my prior post. I did not have the exact menu button names.

04 545i ll Cold Weather ll Premium ll Sport ll Logic7 ll Mtech ll CIC Navigation ll LCI Headlights ll LCI Taillights

08 z06 ll 2LZ ll TSP LS7S Cam ll PRC Springs ll Airaide ll Too much to list

Last edited by svre46; 11-14-2013 at 04:55 PM.