Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 10-10-2013, 01:14 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Looking to Lease: Look Here First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuzzz View Post
.00155

AF was $925 but talked the down to $725
So, they got $1000 back on you or 2%, Effectively making your deal just about $1000 under MSRP


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-10-2013, 01:27 PM
btonic007 btonic007 is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 325ci
Hi,
Is this a good deal?

335xi GT
Blue with Beige



36 months
12,000 miles/year
Trying to take advantage of pull ahead program and end current lease 2-3 months early

MSRP= $56,450
Sales price = $52,498
Net cap cost = $52498
Residual = 0.61
Residual Amt = $34435
Rate/MF = .00125
Advanced payment = $654
Upfront charges (doc fees, acqisition, registration,etc.)= $1300
Monthly pmt including taxes = $654

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Heybuzzz Heybuzzz is offline
Registered User
Location: CLT
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 83
Mein Auto: A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328AL View Post
So, they got $1000 back on you or 2%, Effectively making your deal just about $1000 under MSRP


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Also received $1500 off MSRP from incentives.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-10-2013, 03:04 PM
skiVT skiVT is offline
Registered User
Location: Vermont
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 49
Mein Auto: '11 golf TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuzzz View Post
Did they tell you a MF of .00125?
This is just a hypothetical with correct msrp, mf, and residual to see if I am doing the calculations correctly
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10-10-2013, 03:15 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Looking to Lease: Look Here First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuzzz View Post
Also received $1500 off MSRP from incentives.
I understand that, that's a given, you did not have to negotiate that!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 10-10-2013, 03:18 PM
328AL's Avatar
328AL 328AL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 553
Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Looking to Lease: Look Here First

Quote:
Originally Posted by btonic007 View Post
Hi,
Is this a good deal?

335xi GT
Blue with Beige



36 months
12,000 miles/year
Trying to take advantage of pull ahead program and end current lease 2-3 months early

MSRP= $56,450
Sales price = $52,498
Net cap cost = $52498
Residual = 0.61
Residual Amt = $34435
Rate/MF = .00125
Advanced payment = $654
Upfront charges (doc fees, acqisition, registration,etc.)= $1300
Monthly pmt including taxes = $654

Thanks
What is the invoice pricing? What is the gross CAP? What are the discounts and incentives?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 10-11-2013, 06:24 AM
btonic007 btonic007 is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 325ci
Hi,
The invoice is 51,915 and the dealer discount is 3950 (which i think includes the rebates, incentives, etc.) making my sale price approx 580 over invoice. The cap cost is $52,498.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 10-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Heybuzzz Heybuzzz is offline
Registered User
Location: CLT
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 83
Mein Auto: A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328AL View Post
I understand that, that's a given, you did not have to negotiate that!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I'm glad you understand...!
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:07 PM
ivada ivada is offline
Registered User
Location: The South
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: LX
Advise needed on this "deal"

Hi, here is a quote I received from a dealer. Based on what I have learned from lurking here this does not seem like a hot deal but wanted to get feedback from the infinitely more experienced group here. This is what I received:

014 BMW 435i Coupe

MSRP: $62,410
Proposed Sale Value: $61,410
Money factor: .00145 - .00049 MSD's
Residual 36/10k: 63%
Acquisition fee: $725
Tax of 6.5% of selling price: $3,991.65 rolled onto payment
Base payment: $845.89
MSD's: $5,950
1st payment of $845.89, $41 license fees, $49.95 electronic title registration fee, $599 documentation fee, $5,950 MSD's due at delivery = $7,485.84

My first thought is that the MF seems high. I would think MF would be .0012-.00049=.00096 is this accurate? Anything else that's obviously incorrect or problematic that anyone can see? Would appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:36 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,112
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivada View Post
Hi, here is a quote I received from a dealer. Based on what I have learned from lurking here this does not seem like a hot deal but wanted to get feedback from the infinitely more experienced group here. This is what I received:

014 BMW 435i Coupe

MSRP: $62,410
Proposed Sale Value: $61,410
Money factor: .00145 - .00049 MSD's
Residual 36/10k: 63%
Acquisition fee: $725
Tax of 6.5% of selling price: $3,991.65 rolled onto payment
Base payment: $845.89
MSD's: $5,950
1st payment of $845.89, $41 license fees, $49.95 electronic title registration fee, $599 documentation fee, $5,950 MSD's due at delivery = $7,485.84

My first thought is that the MF seems high. I would think MF would be .0012-.00049=.00096 is this accurate? Anything else that's obviously incorrect or problematic that anyone can see? Would appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!
Where in the South are you? I'm pretty certain the current base MF is .00125. Unless you're in Texas sales tax is calculated on the monthly payment, not the sales price. If you're in Texas the state sales tax is 6.25%, not 6.5%. The dealer documentation fee is outrageous. It looks like a Florida dealer fee. They're about the only ones who try to get by with a fee that high. In fact, that fee tells me you can't be in Texas, because the fee there can't be that high. So, something is up with the sales tax number.
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 10-16-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:42 PM
zoombie99 zoombie99 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern New Jersey
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 420
Mein Auto: Lexus GS350 & BMW 428x
Looking to Lease: Look Here First

The dealer marked up the MF. I think you can do much better than just $1,000 off of MSRP.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:15 PM
ivada ivada is offline
Registered User
Location: The South
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: LX
Tturedraider I am in Georgia.

I will speak with him about that and the doc fees. BTW what would be the typical doc fees for a deal like this? Anything else that I need to consider about this deal?

Last edited by ivada; 10-17-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:17 PM
ivada ivada is offline
Registered User
Location: The South
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: LX
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombie99 View Post
The dealer marked up the MF. I think you can do much better than just $1,000 off of MSRP.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Thanks for the response. What's the best way to know what incentives and rebates might be out there? I'm still learning...
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,112
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivada View Post
Tturedraider I am in Georgia.

I'm aware the dealer jacked up the MF and I will speak with hi about that and the doc fees. B&w hat would be the typical doc fees for a deal like this? Anything else that stinks about this deal?
Any doc fee over $150 is completely stupid. You should be talking to board sponsor Adrian Avila in Atlanta.
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:48 PM
ivada ivada is offline
Registered User
Location: The South
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: LX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Any doc fee over $150 is completely stupid. You should be talking to board sponsor Adrian Avila in Atlanta.
I will, thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 PM
ivada ivada is offline
Registered User
Location: The South
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: LX
Not getting MF close to 0.00125 base. Apparently BMW FS permits a mark up of up to .00040 basis points on new models and not all dealers are willing to come down on a new model so quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 10-18-2013, 05:57 AM
btonic007 btonic007 is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 325ci
335 xi GT lease numbers for review

014 BMW 335xi GT

MSRP: $59,550
Invoice: $54735
Proposed Sale Value: $53881
Money factor: .00125
Residual 36/12k: 62%
Residual Value: $36921

Rebates: $500
Dealer Doc:$359
Acquisition fee: $725
Tax of 7% : $1487.40
Luxury Tax: $275.65
DMV: $330

Base payment: $570
Out of pocket: $3747.15

Does this look good?

Thanks
T
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Jonkarn Jonkarn is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 172
Mein Auto: 2014 F31 M-Sport GS
Looking to Lease a 2014 328 Sportwagon. How am I looking?

Car Details:
2014 328ix Sportswagon Custom Build,.
Length of Lease (in months)36
Mileage allowance: (list if KM or Miles)15K
Color: imperial blue
Options: Sports Line, Prem, Tech, Lighting, HK, DHP, heated seats

Finance Details:
MSRP: $55600
Invoice: $51090
Cost Reduction (Loyalty/Turn Key): -$500
Dealer Profit: $
Sale Price: $50551
Residual: 58%
Cap Cost: $50051
Money Factor (Pre-MSD) : .00125
Money Factor (Post-MSD - Each MSD reduces MF by 0.00007): haven't discussed yet but plan to put down at least 5
Taxes & Fees: $1,637 tax, $350 DMV
Multiple Security Deposit:$
Total Due at Signing :$ $664 1st month
Monthly Payment: $664
Acquisition Fee: $725
Dealer Document Fee: $359

Taxes & Fees Breakdown:
Sales Tax on Items: $1637
License& Registration Fee: $350
Upfront Luxury Tax: $
First Month Payment: $664
Upfront Sales Tax: $0

Total= $

Not sure how to figure out new monthly if I put down $3320 in MSD's. I know that decreases MF to .00090 but not sure where to go from there.

I've been emailing dealerships with my requests and getting their best offers. I have 5 payments left on my current lease (not a BMW) so I am not in a rush, but want to leave myself with 3 months for custom build time. I may wait to see if there's any more rebates in the next month or 2 since there's only $500 option rebate right now.

The offer is $500 below invoice overall before rebate so I feel this is strong. Not sure if there's any hidden costs in there though?
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Jonkarn Jonkarn is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 172
Mein Auto: 2014 F31 M-Sport GS
Sorry forgot to mention Parking Assist option as well

Forgot to mention that this included Parking Assist Package(rear camera and sensors) in the deal as well.

Thanks for any help!!
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-18-2013, 01:26 PM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is online now
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,019
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Any doc fee over $150 is completely stupid. You should be talking to board sponsor Adrian Avila in Atlanta.
+1
Adrian is a rockstar. His doc fees are much better than the 499 you are quoted, and that includes the fact he will overnight you multiple documents
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-19-2013, 07:56 PM
ivada ivada is offline
Registered User
Location: The South
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: LX
Will appreciate feedback on a 2013 335i lease!

Just spent a nice afternoon test-driving a 2013 335i as configured below. I'm torn between buying a 2013 vs waiting a couple months for the 2014s to arrive and get to a price that I can afford. I would obviously get a better deal on the 2013s, and here is what I got today after a marathon negotiating session. Would appreciate the input of more experienced festers on this deal:

MSRP/Sticker: 55425.00
Invoice: 50685.00
Selling Price: 48285.00
Gross Cap Cost: 49809.00

MF: .00076 (after 7 MSDS)
12k/36
Due on delivery: 5650.37 (includes 4900.00 MSDs)
Acquisition fee: 925.00
Doc Fee: 599.00 (dealer said we need to put it in here but removed 600.00 from selling price)

Monthly payment: 660.37.

Thanks much!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Motorboat411 Motorboat411 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: California
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 624
Mein Auto: BART
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivada View Post
Just spent a nice afternoon test-driving a 2013 335i as configured below. I'm torn between buying a 2013 vs waiting a couple months for the 2014s to arrive and get to a price that I can afford. I would obviously get a better deal on the 2013s, and here is what I got today after a marathon negotiating session. Would appreciate the input of more experienced festers on this deal:

MSRP/Sticker: 55425.00
Invoice: 50685.00
Selling Price: 48285.00
Gross Cap Cost: 49809.00

MF: .00076 (after 7 MSDS)
12k/36
Due on delivery: 5650.37 (includes 4900.00 MSDs)
Acquisition fee: 925.00
Doc Fee: 599.00 (dealer said we need to put it in here but removed 600.00 from selling price)

Monthly payment: 660.37.

Thanks much!
WoW @ $660 for 335i. You can get a 2014 535i for around same monthly payment.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-20-2013, 03:22 AM
ivada ivada is offline
Registered User
Location: The South
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: LX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorboat411 View Post
WoW @ $660 for 335i. You can get a 2014 535i for around same monthly payment.
Here are the options and packages, forgot to include in the original post: M Sport Line, Leather, Sport Auto Tran with shifter paddles, driver assistance package, premium package, tech package.

Last edited by ivada; 11-20-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 11-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Motorboat411 Motorboat411 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: California
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 624
Mein Auto: BART
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivada View Post
Here are the options and packages, forgot to include in the original post: M Sport Line, Leather, Sport Auto Tran with shifter paddles, driver assistance package, premium package, tech package.
You prefer 335i over 535i? If not, then you can get same config for around same money...assuming you can get a deal for below Invoice.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 11-20-2013, 02:01 PM
4Bimmers 4Bimmers is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 222
Mein Auto: Z3,X5d,750Li,E93,1200RT&C
In georgia the tax law changed to have a FULL TVAT on the vehicle any time it gets titled. So when u lease it it is on the full amount and if you would buy it after the lease you pay again, on the purchase price.
Question: are the MSD's money u have to put down and get back at end of lease? SO when comparing the efficiency of either MSD or Cap reduction how is the residual determined, from the MSRP or from the sales price?

So Sales Price 100, resiudal 66
Cap reduction etc cap price 95, residual still 66 so efficiency is only in lower financed amount (95-66) vs (100-66)
I was offered 0.00125 on a 65k 335 convert. but would like 435 which is not available and probably much more to lease thatn 2013 335
__________________
Have a great day enjoying your ultimates
4Bimmers and 2Beemers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms