Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:09 PM

Mein Auto: 428xi M sport Coupe
All Season Tires on 428 or 435 xdrive

My Wife ordered a 428xi and it recently arrived at the Oxnard Vehicle Processing Center. (Los Angeles) The dealer received a memo from BMW that certain cars equipped with the Continental All Season tires are being held until the tires can be checked as there was a run of the tires that they have discovered did not meet minimum BMW specifications. So basically her car is held up in LA until it gets cleared.

Anyone have more details on this? For those that have a 428xi M Sport (or 435xi for that matter) what kind of all season tires came with it? ie what tire and rating....and most importantly how do they perform?

428 xdrive
Mineral Grey Metallic
M sport
18" alloy wheels -double-spoke with all Season
Black leather interior
Cold Weather package
Driver Assistance and plus
Premium Pkg
Tech Pkg
Ads by Google
Old 11-19-2013, 08:49 AM

Mein Auto: A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohey View Post
My Wife ordered a 428xi and it recently arrived at the Oxnard Vehicle Processing Center. (Los Angeles) The dealer received a memo from BMW that certain cars equipped with the Continental All Season tires are being held until the tires can be checked as there was a run of the tires that they have discovered did not meet minimum BMW specifications. So basically her car is held up in LA until it gets cleared.

Anyone have more details on this? For those that have a 428xi M Sport (or 435xi for that matter) what kind of all season tires came with it? ie what tire and rating....and most importantly how do they perform?

428 xdrive
Mineral Grey Metallic
M sport
18" alloy wheels -double-spoke with all Season
Black leather interior
Cold Weather package
Driver Assistance and plus
Premium Pkg
Tech Pkg
I have pretty much the exact same car above, but added the M Sport Brakes. By adding the brakes my car only came with Sport run flats even though I needed true All Season. I was told the only answer was to put on NON RF's to fit the x drive with M Brakes. They put on Pilot Sport A/S 3 225 / 45 18's. Again I think this was because of the M brakes...
Old 11-19-2013, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: A4
According to tire rack the only RF 225/45/18 Y rated tires are grand touring... They look like they should be on a camry.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:38 PM

Mein Auto: 428xi M sport Coupe
The size on the M sport AWD is 225/50R18
so I am guessing

ContiProContact SSR(Grand Touring All-Season)

Can anyone confirm the tire that came on AWD 428xD