Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:00 PM
BMW_745Li BMW_745Li is offline
Registered User
Location: LA, California
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 2003 745Li
By the way Papper...
What is the program you use to change the ASK unit firmware so it can communicate with the FM tuner after replacing to a newer ASK?
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 11-25-2013, 06:04 AM
louis maeshiro louis maeshiro is offline
Registered User
Location: usa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 05.E66 760Li
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 03-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Cummins_12v Cummins_12v is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: E65 04 730D
I have a 11/2003 mod e65 730D, i think its not a feclifted ask and mmi, can bmw dealer program the unit to work With this oem aux cable or do i need to get the dension module?
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: on the moon
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,958
Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins_12v View Post
I have a 11/2003 mod e65 730D, i think its not a feclifted ask and mmi, can bmw dealer program the unit to work With this oem aux cable or do i need to get the dension module?


It is clearly stated in this topic & in the videos & there description ,
That you need the FaceLift parts ...
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 03-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Cummins_12v Cummins_12v is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: E65 04 730D
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
It is clearly stated in this topic & in the videos & there description ,
That you need the FaceLift parts ...

Can bmw update software?
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:18 AM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: on the moon
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,958
Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins_12v View Post
Can bmw update software?
It is clearly stated in this topic & in the videos & there description ,
That you need the FaceLift parts ...
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:37 AM
Cummins_12v Cummins_12v is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: E65 04 730D
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
It is clearly stated in this topic & in the videos & there description ,
That you need the FaceLift parts ...
Ok, thanks for tge info then i need to buy a dension gateway
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 03-17-2014, 06:30 PM
andinoj andinoj is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 750LI
hello paper do you remember what is the color code for the pins in those numbers
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 03-17-2014, 06:33 PM
andinoj andinoj is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 750LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
If any 1 needs any info on the Aux input's they are 2 = right , 7 = left , 8 = ground
feel free to PM me ...

hello paper do you remember what is the color code for the pins in those numbers
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:19 PM
rbhaynes rbhaynes is offline
Registered User
Location: san antonio
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 760 Li
Can I install the Aux in my 2006 760 LI? not sure if I have the facelift ask and mmi? how do I tell?
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 04-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Mike170 Mike170 is offline
Registered User
Location: New york
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: 2004 Bmw 745li, 2013 S550
Hey paper
I followed your instructions and i canít seem to get this to work.
I have an 04 745li. i upgraded the following to the facelift model, Ask unit, mmi, Tcu, Navigation,and Tuner. The mmi already had the aux when i bought it, it came off a 2007 bmw 750i, the ask came off a 2006 750i with a manufactured date of 20051104 which Iím assuming is november,4,2005 . everything works eccept the mode button, when i press it its like it goes into a unknown mode than i have to manually put it into another mode, fm and am works fine. when i plug the aux cable in it does not give me the option to adjust aux volume and i do not have any sound coming from aux.. do you think its a coding issue or ask unit issue? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long story .
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 04-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Mike170 Mike170 is offline
Registered User
Location: New york
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: 2004 Bmw 745li, 2013 S550
blue is left red is right and brown is ground
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 04-09-2014, 02:12 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: on the moon
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,958
Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike170 View Post
Hey paper
I followed your instructions and i canít seem to get this to work.
I have an 04 745li. i upgraded the following to the facelift model, Ask unit, mmi, Tcu, Navigation,and Tuner. The mmi already had the aux when i bought it, it came off a 2007 bmw 750i, the ask came off a 2006 750i with a manufactured date of 20051104 which Iím assuming is november,4,2005 . everything works eccept the mode button, when i press it its like it goes into a unknown mode than i have to manually put it into another mode, fm and am works fine. when i plug the aux cable in it does not give me the option to adjust aux volume and i do not have any sound coming from aux.. do you think its a coding issue or ask unit issue? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long story .


before you plugged the cable in , Did you get the volume option from Aux
setting on your MMI screen ???

As for your mode button . You either did not upgrade the AT Tuner , or the 1
you bought is not from a FaceLift vehicle .
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 04-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Mike170 Mike170 is offline
Registered User
Location: New york
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: 2004 Bmw 745li, 2013 S550
no volume option ever for the aux.... radio and all others work. i got the tcu from the same car i got the ask unit and navigation from, which was a 2006 750i.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 04-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Mike170 Mike170 is offline
Registered User
Location: New york
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: 2004 Bmw 745li, 2013 S550
is the ask unit facelift with that date?
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 04-09-2014, 02:25 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: on the moon
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,958
Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike170 View Post
no volume option ever for the aux.... radio and all others work. i got the tcu from the same car i got the ask unit and navigation from, which was a 2006 750i.


ok not sure why your talking about TCU when I mention AT TUNER ???

As for the AUX , you have the wrong Ask unit that is not capable of
working with the Aux cable . May I suggest you get an Ask unit from
a late build 07 or 08 .
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 04-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Mike170 Mike170 is offline
Registered User
Location: New york
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: 2004 Bmw 745li, 2013 S550
yea i ment to say tuner typing to fast. yea i figured that i needed a later one, at 1st i was told that i had to get the ask unit with mode and am/fm on the front but i found out after researching that it had to be after a curtain date. so that was a $1500 well spent.., i thought maybe it was just a coding issue i was having for the aux. Thanx for the quick response Paper.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 04-09-2014, 03:17 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: on the moon
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,958
Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike170 View Post
yea i ment to say tuner typing to fast. yea i figured that i needed a later one, at 1st i was told that i had to get the ask unit with mode and am/fm on the front but i found out after researching that it had to be after a curtain date. so that was a $1500 well spent.., i thought maybe it was just a coding issue i was having for the aux. Thanx for the quick response Paper.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 04-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Allwhite750i Allwhite750i is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 06 750i
Ok so my door speakers on the driver side has no sound at all. Paper I remember saying in a past thread that it was the ask unit. My driver door speakers and my driver side sub has no sound AT ALL. paper my question is if I replace the ask unit should it be a facelifted one so I can install my aux cable to it? If so should that also be from a late 07/08 model as well. If so would I still have to get it coded to work?
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 04-14-2014, 05:40 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: on the moon
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,958
Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwhite750i View Post
Ok so my door speakers on the driver side has no sound at all. Paper I remember saying in a past thread that it was the ask unit. My driver door speakers and my driver side sub has no sound AT ALL. paper my question is if I replace the ask unit should it be a facelifted one so I can install my aux cable to it? If so should that also be from a late 07/08 model as well. If so would I still have to get it coded to work?
If you read this topic , or even watched the
Videos . You would not be asking me these
Questions .

If your car does not have the Aux feature
Then of course it needs to be coded .
As for should you replace your unit with
A Facelift unit . well that's your decision to
Make . & if you do decide to upgrade it you
Should buy definitely get a late 07 or 08 unit

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 04-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Allwhite750i Allwhite750i is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 06 750i
Well paper in your video u did not mention anything about speakers. It was all on the aux mod. Let's just assume I'm not tech savy, and have no idea of what your talking about. In layman terms....I have to upgrade my ask for my aux to work...correct? I need a new ask anyway because my speakers aren't working...correct? U shouldn't try to make people feel stupid when they ask you questions about something your obviously experienced in.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 04-14-2014, 07:30 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: on the moon
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,958
Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwhite750i View Post
Well paper in your video u did not mention anything about speakers. It was all on the aux mod. Let's just assume I'm not tech savy, and have no idea of what your talking about. In layman terms....I have to upgrade my ask for my aux to work...correct? I need a new ask anyway because my speakers aren't working...correct? U shouldn't try to make people feel stupid when they ask you questions about something your obviously experienced in.


Ok let's see , You made some STATEMENTS about your speakers not working ...
Then you asked some QUESTIONS .
Here let me post up your questions , I will even quote them ===

" paper my question is if I replace the ask unit should it be a facelifted one so I can install my aux cable to it?
If so should that also be from a late 07/08 model as well.
If so would I still have to get it coded to work? "


Now I was not trying to make you nor anyone look stupid with my reply .
I was simply stating , That had you read the topic or even watched the video's
You would not have had to get in here & ask any questions , As the answer are
already posted in this topic / video's & a hundred other topics on this site in this section .

Also in my reply I gave you the answers to your questions .

" of course it needs to be coded "

" should you replace your unit with
A Facelift unit . well that's your decision to
Make "

" definitely get a late 07 or 08 unit "

So let me ask you , why are you asking again ???

Last edited by PAPER; 04-14-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Allwhite750i Allwhite750i is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 06 750i
For your expertise Paper. Don't want to get something I don't need.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 04-17-2014, 12:43 AM
sI--Iark sI--Iark is offline
Registered User
Location: KSA
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 750 Li 2006
Dear Paper,

I like your way in explanation and questionís answering , I need your support if possible I have BMW 750 IL 2006 individual , I want to connect either the I phone and/or iPod (Bluetooth) to have my music box inside the car , which parts should buy ? and did you know about the possibility of install USB connection ?

And it is possible to deliver it to Saudi Arabia

Thanks on advanced
M. Matar
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 04-17-2014, 02:06 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: on the moon
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,958
Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by sI--Iark View Post
Dear Paper,

I like your way in explanation and questionís answering , I need your support if possible I have BMW 750 IL 2006 individual , I want to connect either the I phone and/or iPod (Bluetooth) to have my music box inside the car , which parts should buy ? and did you know about the possibility of install USB connection ?

And it is possible to deliver it to Saudi Arabia

Thanks on advanced
M. Matar
Sorry but you can't bluetooth music in
your car . Your best option is the OEM
Ipod kit . I'm sure you can find 1 on ebay

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms