Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: RAV4
Advise please - X3,X5,RX350 or something else

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a new car in the next few months and would like some opinions and advice as to which car to buy. The more I read the more the decision becomes confusing. I have not yet test driven any of these cars.

I currently drive a RAV4 v6 sports and I drive about 120 miles a day. I need something that is more comfortable than my current car.

My wife drives the 2013 3 series and we leased the car so I drive that during weekends and love how it drives. This is our first BMW.

I am not sure, if I should buy a Lexus RX350 or lease a BMW X3. My wife also does not want us to lease 2 cars and of the same brand.

Here is what I am thinking, once her lease is up we can get either a 5 series or a X3/X5 and for the other car just buy the Lexus RX350. I have driven the lexus rx hybrid once and felt really nice inside and it was very quiet and roomy inside and felt luxurious.

I am not sure if the X3's seats are soft and comfortable as Lexus, for a long commute everyday I want something comfortable, 3 series on long drives is not very comfortable. I saw one of the 2014 X5 review videos and the seats looked really soft and plush and the interior very luxurious compared to an X3. I am not sure how much different will it be in person between the X3 and the X5.

Also, which of these cars have the most creature comfort. standard features vs. options.

I know i am all over the place, but thats why I need some advice from you guys to get some clarity.
Advertisement