Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Parting Out

Parting Out

Old 12-14-2013, 10:20 PM

Mein Auto: Foreighn ONLY ;)
Talking U wanna play?

What isz up my E30 PEOPLE!!

SO I just have a few questions. Sure I'm mechanically inclined, doesn't mean I'm fantastic... well it does.... anyway - I need a little help naming some of the parts on my car so I can list them to sell on eBay. Wanna PLAY?!

It's called spot that part. Do it however you want but help me find Waldo while you're at it, I need to know where it is, and what it's called.

And since we're here, I also need a little help disconnecting a few components, say - the radiator. I tried to drain it but the part on the car that looks like a drain end, doesn't seem like she wants to budge.

So, then, if you can locate the part, tell me how to remove it you get a bonus. BONUSES WHAT?! YES. That's right. You can have a free matchbook. Maybe let me know what order I should do things? And LOOK I am NOT looking for a full on explanation, unless you wanna of course , just give me an idea write what you want and I'll figure it out. Thanks in advance

Oh yeah, and the car I guess that's important too. She was my BABY, White 1989 E30 325i

So let's see what you got, I already took a few off as you see....
I'm trying to learn, and I don't know any mechanics, see my effort

If someone already said does one, try not to repeat, unless it's wrong, obviously.
This could be fun....

#4 "Mommy Look What I did!!"

#5 Does this just "pull out"? HAHA punn intended.

#6 a.k.a. "Are we done yet?"

#7 Noooope. Wtf is this and how do I take it off

So I toggled this and a bit of what smelled like fuel started pouring out. So I quickly pushed it back on. I suspect there needs to be a bit of draining done..... on #8

As you can see I already did quite a bit - nothing crazy
Like my photo skills? MKAY kids lets get to it, MUCH appreciate the help - and I know you love it anyway. Let's do this.

Last edited by 0111; 12-14-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 89 325i 2dr&DucatiMonster
I suggest you buy a manual .If your can't figure out how the thermostat housing comes off on your own or that your distributor cap is held on buy 3 Allen bolts .Then your not as Mechanically inclined as you think,get a book and follow the directions ,I realize this goes against your natural urge to just take it apart but if you want to have any hope of actually putting it back together ,please take my advise.Go in any shop they have manuals for everything they work on.

Last edited by toybuilder; 12-15-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Aspiring dolphin

Mein Auto: '90 325iC
U wanna play?

You mainly just have pics here of obvious motor parts like the intake, fluid reservoirs and the valve cover. The second to last photo shows the alternator, and in the top left (EDIT: Top right, I was looking on the app) is the idle air control valve. The last photo is the fuel pressure regulator.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by Dromey; 12-15-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:32 AM
livin large

Mein Auto: 2012 hypermotard 796
that and everyone knows put a knife in the lower rad hose to drain since the hose is a low cost part for a controlled drain or pop the hose off if you like a bath
Old 12-15-2013, 12:51 PM
D'oh, You kids!

Mein Auto: 1995 318is / 1993 325is
Or you can just unscrew the drain plug on the lower corner and save $15 for the hose.

(put a knife in it? really? )
buying a ratty example (of a BMW) is a parasitic relationship.(and you ain't the mosquito) 7pilot

Ken Kanne, Silverhill, AL, E36 Forum Mod/Craigslist addict/Hoarder of all sorts of stuff
BMW-CCA #441426
1995 318is "Bebe"; 1993 325is "Elvira" 1985 635CSi "Katja" 1984 633CSi "Sylvia"
HAVE I HAD MY MEDS YET?

Old 12-17-2013, 03:31 PM

Mein Auto: 1989 325iC
#4 looks like a can of some energy drink.. I agree buy a manual.

1989 325iC Alpineweiss II manual 5 speed Curent ride
1990 325i Glacier Blue 4 door Auto, 1987 X 2 (Black 325ic convertable & Granite silver 325i coup) Gone but never forgotten
Old 12-17-2013, 08:56 PM
livin large

Mein Auto: 2012 hypermotard 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Or you can just unscrew the drain plug on the lower corner and save $15 for the hose.

(put a knife in it? really? )
some people like to change their hoses when they change the coolant.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:34 AM

Mein Auto: 89 325i 2dr&DucatiMonster
Downhiller I'm with you I usually replace the hoses if I'm doing a system flush on my car ,but I like to save the main hoses if they're still good ,in the trunk for emergencies, old belts too.I clean them and put them in a plastic bag .So on that no knives are involved in the removal my hoses, though I do occasionally use the knife method on customer cars where the hoses are also being replaced,because it's faster and sometimes the plastic drain screw can strip out or break.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM
an audience of One

Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Moved to the appropriate forum.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:35 PM

Mein Auto: Scion
Is this your friends car that you drove home while overheating and boiling out coolant?

John
Old 12-20-2013, 09:08 PM

Mein Auto: Foreighn ONLY ;)
U wanna play?

No, John, this was my previous Beemer that crashed, now parting

#4 ha! Was wondering if someone was gonna mention that, it's a Xing Tea... Need to focus while parting.

Also, I am not looking to put it back together so I just thought is save myself the 20 for that manual and just unscrew ;p

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by 0111; 12-20-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:23 AM

Mein Auto: 05 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by toybuilder View Post
i suggest you buy a manual .if your can't figure out how the thermostat housing comes off on your own or that your distributor cap is held on buy 3 allen bolts .then your not as mechanically inclined as you think,get a book and follow the directions ,i realize this goes against your natural urge to just take it apart but if you want to have any hope of actually putting it back together ,please take my advise.go in any shop they have manuals for everything they work on.
+1