Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 87 325i convertible
Question stage one brake advice

It's me again, needing more advice.
my brake lining and anti-lock lights are both on, and I obviously need to fix my brakes so i dont die.
My current brakes still work, but are just sketchy sometimes. Im wanting to upgrade to stage one brakes because of my driving style. I know you cant toss stage one brake pads on oem rotors, because the rotors would grind to bits.
If i have to just get nicer OEM replacements thats okay, but id prefer stage one if i can afford it. my budgets gonna be about 300$, so on that note, which brand/package do you guys suggest?
Ads by Google
Old 12-12-2013, 08:25 PM

oh and i'll bring my baby to the dealership within the next couple days to get my anti lock light looked read and interpreted. since no one else seems to have an OBD1 -.-
Old 12-15-2013, 09:29 AM
livin large

Mein Auto: 2012 hypermotard 796
brembo blanks with ceramic pads. thats a good baseline for mountain roads and some track days and you can turn the rotors unlike cross drilled and slotted rotor so you get longer life
Old 12-15-2013, 01:12 PM

Mein Auto: 89 325i 2dr&DucatiMonster
You ever asked how much it costs to turn rotors ,it's about the same as new Brembos .If you know someone with a brake lathe it's not a bad idea or you know somewhere that will do them cheap but most shops charge 1/2 hour per rotor so $25 to $50 depending on where you take them.Your brake lining light is on because the sensor is either touching because your brakes are worn out or because the sensor went bad .The abs light is on because your brakes are worn out and the fluid level is low.Or your abs senor went bad but since you said your brakes were bad then the lights came on it's likely working.Try BAVAutosport.com they have Full car kit for $218.25 + shipping on sale OEM ?
/Meyle rotors and Pagid pads.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:48 PM
an audience of One

Mein Auto: BMW M Power
I get the OP Parts rotors and OE pads...
Old 12-15-2013, 02:32 PM

Re: stage one brake advice

My pads are just gone. Squeeky squeeky. Ordered oem replacements from tms for 221.28 plus 35 in shipping. -_- wanted stage one, but after doing some research saw the oem is good enough fo me.
And rotor turning? What is that.. 0.o

Sent from my SCH-I605 using BimmerApp mobile app