Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 12-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
BMW to lose 2013 U.S. luxury sales crown but still #1 in global sales

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/73953...r-sales-title/

"The race for the title of top-selling luxury car maker in the US has reached its final month. Mercedes-Benz is still holding on to the lead over BMW going into the final push."

"However, even if BMW fails to pull ahead of Mercedes in the U.S., they are still on track to keep their No.1 spot as a luxury car maker globally. "
Ads by Google
Old 12-16-2013, 11:07 AM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
BMW can thank lack of normal discounts we saw last year and CLA.....

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
BMW can thank lack of normal discounts we saw last year and CLA.....
Mercedes have always discounted deeply in the US. I remember when I was shopping for a new car and the Mercedes dealer gave me a $5000 discount off a E350 without me saying a word. I bet if I really negociate, I could have gotten close to $10K off.
The X3 have never been deeply discounted by BMW, what was the holiday bouns last year?
Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 PM

X3 isn`t the only vehicle made by BMW, so basing the discounts achieved on that and BMW's sales crown loss to mercedes isn`t a valid argument. If you scour the Ask-a-dealer section it was really a good year to buy the 5,6 series last decemeber. This year not soo much, but that too is also because 5 went thru a recent LCI.

The CLA raked in 2,300 orders the first launch week. It then solely accounted for the 14% increase in sales for MB for the month of Nov. Finally CLA sales have been so great, there's a shortage of allocations at the plant that`s suppose to last till late summer....BTW sales are at MSRP or 1% below.

Mercedes has got the crown. Audi might have something withits A3 sedan. BMW still not there yet.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:35 AM

I do agree on the 5 series, discount from the F10 is down about 50% from last Dec. Overall, most of new models have increase in price and not just in the MSRP but hidden cost that are build into the line concept. I price out a LCI 5 series and all the lines have some options I do not want, if I order no line and add options, the cost is about $2000 more than my 2012. Lets just hope the 2015 LCI X3 will not introduce the lines, but somehow I think it will.
As for the CLA, its a nice looking car but I could not believe how cheap the interior material was. It sort of remind me of the last gen C-class. Once you load up a CLA, it can easily cost in the high $40Ks.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:42 AM

I think the F25 is heading towards Lines as well, since its much more profitable for BMW. However The CLA could have cheap interior quality, look like the last gen C-class, but its a HIT lol.

Why does this matter?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
I think the F25 is heading towards Lines as well, since its much more profitable for BMW. However The CLA could have cheap interior quality, look like the last gen C-class, but its a HIT lol.
If anyone is in the market for a new X3, the smart bet would be to buy one before the LCI when BMW will introduce the lines which adds thousands to the price tag.
No doubt the CLA will be a hit, the silhouette on the car is simply beautiful. Hopefully Mercedes will improve the interior material like they did with the C-class.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:33 AM

Mein Auto: '13 Diesel X5 & MBZ R350
The MBZ E class lease promo is amazing now - that's a deal!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_X5 View Post
The MBZ E class lease promo is amazing now - that's a deal!
Mercedes is partically giving their cars away now, they are the new high volume discounter of the luxury segment To be honest, Mercedes would have to pay me to drive around in that ugly new E-class
Old 12-18-2013, 01:11 PM

Mein Auto: '13 Diesel X5 & MBZ R350
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Mercedes is partically giving their cars away now, they are the new high volume discounter of the luxury segment To be honest, Mercedes would have to pay me to drive around in that ugly new E-class

Yes that is correct - I have never seen such an aggressive discounting on the E Class this past month.

It's funny I was looking at them before I went back to BMW because the steering was so awful back then -not now with the new software update - actually looked seriously at the E350 diesel but in the summer they were giving $3K off MSRP of $72K which was not a deal. Now the same car can be had for $12K off MSRP which makes it more reasonable.

Guess MBZ will be taking the crown ...
Old 12-18-2013, 02:23 PM

I bet you might be able to do a little better than $12K off a $72K E-class. I remember last year when I was shopping for a car, the Mercedes dealer offer me $5000 off right after my test drive without me saying a word. I bet I could have easily gotten $10K off a E-class. Mercedes might be cheaper to buy, but the resale value is usually not as good as BMW and Audi.