Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE

BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE
Are you excited about the upcoming BMW i3 or i8? Interested in learning more about the BMW ActiveE? This is the place for you!

Old 12-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: 83' 323is, 07' MINI JCW+
Look out BMW i8 - Audi R8 e-tron is coming

r8etron
-Image: Audi USA

Audi is planning on putting their R8 e-tron into limited production. The e-tron is Audi's zero-emission two-seater supercar.

The R8 e-tron is expected to share the styling of the soon to be launched, second-generation R8. Few details were available. However, originally the R8 e-tron's production was binned due to concerns about its 134 mile range. Apparently, that has now changed. With advances in lithium-ion battery technology, the range has reportedly increased to 248.5 miles! As far as other performance specs, Autocar drove an original prototype back in May. This R8 e-tron utilized two electric motors, producing a combined output of 376 horsepower and 605 torques. Its 0-62 was claimed to be 4.2 seconds and was to reach a limited 124 mph top speed. Look out i8!

The R8 e-tron will likely lead off some future smaller, more affordable, electric models by Audi.

Source: Autocar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	audigreen.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	412963  

Last edited by Bernie@Bimmerfest; 12-18-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2013, 04:28 PM

Mein Auto: SLS, E39 M5, E30 M3
I'll watch out for it...right up to the point I pass it on a 350 mile trip to visit friends when it's out of juice after 250 waiting a couple of hours to refuel. I think the apparent enthusiasm for sports hybrids and EVs helped reverse their stance on the E-tron as well.