Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 12-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
What's my car worth?

Hey guys,
I got a new ride yesterday that's more practical for my use and my road conitions as my e46 got stuck in my driveway/gym parking lot/ and sub-division three times in the last week. I was going to trade it in yesterday but they were only going to give me $6500 and I owe $10,300 on it. That's too big of a hit to take for me, I have it listed here but maybe another place could help expedite the sale? I know I'm going to take a loss on it hopefully not a $3800 loss though. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=742017
Thanks for all your help in my >1 year of ownership.

There are two kinds of people, the ones who do the work and the ones who take credit. Try to be in the first group, there's less competition.
Ads by Google
Old 12-19-2013, 09:13 AM
ROLL TIDE!

Mein Auto: 2004 ZHP Sedan
Re: What's my car worth?

Great deal on a very low mileage and very desireable ZSP package care with Mtech bumpers!

Sent from my HTC One X using BimmerApp mobile app

Check out my YouTube Channel for DIY's and other fun stuff HERE
Check out my BMWBLOG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
now, go burn your Man Card, and buy yourself a Camry....
Old 12-19-2013, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 530xi 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelx5150 View Post
I have it listed here but maybe another place could help expedite the sale? I know I'm going to take a loss on it hopefully not a $3800 loss though.
I listed my vehicle in a ton of places, and you know where I got the most interest? My front driveway! If you live on a busy street, just put a FOR SALE sign on it with your cell number and park it out by the road. If you don't live on a busy street, park it somewhere where there's a lot of traffic. Use KBB and Edmunds to get a ballpark assessment of it's worth and then price it aggressively.

Good luck with your sale. It sucks being underwater with your car loan. Maybe a rich guy will see it and buy it for his daughter for Christmas.

Last edited by Jay Arras; 12-19-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:44 AM

Mein Auto: '04 330i
My 330i with snow tires is a little drifting machine, it's awesome!

But anyway, I'd say it's worth $9-10k, so their trade-in offer is typical. Try BMW Club's classifieds and ask $9900.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
My 330i with snow tires is a little drifting machine, it's awesome!

But anyway, I'd say it's worth $9-10k, so their trade-in offer is typical. Try BMW Club's classifieds and ask $9900.
Thanks man! Driftings awesome but when different fronts hit lake Michigan its not unusual to wake up to 8-12" and ground clearance becomes my problem.

There are two kinds of people, the ones who do the work and the ones who take credit. Try to be in the first group, there's less competition.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 325xi, E46 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelx5150 View Post
Thanks man! Driftings awesome but when different fronts hit lake Michigan its not unusual to wake up to 8-12" and ground clearance becomes my problem.
I hear that! Ground clearance was another reason I went with an xi, in addition to AWD. Curious, what's your new ride?
Old 12-20-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridario View Post
I hear that! Ground clearance was another reason I went with an xi, in addition to AWD. Curious, what's your new ride?
Well it sucks to admit my wife's smarter than me
I had a fully paid off 02 jeep grand Cherokee before my e46, now I'm upside down on this and I have another loan for my 2011 jeep grand cherokee haha! Man I shoulda just kept my 1st one! Some winters aren't as bad here but some are ridiculous.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:04 PM

Mein Auto: 650i 330cic X5d MINI
Well, if your WJ had the V8 it was probably wise to get rid of it. Between 80 and 100k mine required new parts thrown at it every 2,000 miles or so. Head gasket is when I threw in the towel at 101k.
The WK2's are nice. Looked at them long and hard, really wanted the diesel, but the launch kept getting delayed so bought an X5d instead.

Good luck selling the BMW.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredoinSF View Post
Well, if your WJ had the V8 it was probably wise to get rid of it. Between 80 and 100k mine required new parts thrown at it every 2,000 miles or so. Head gasket is when I threw in the towel at 101k.
The WK2's are nice. Looked at them long and hard, really wanted the diesel, but the launch kept getting delayed so bought an X5d instead.

Good luck selling the BMW.
thanks! My WJ was a v8 with 90k on it but I never had a single problem with it? My wife WJ has 110 on it now but she has the 4.0 and hers has never let us down either knock on wood. My new one has the v6 in it.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:25 AM