Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 12-21-2013, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 330 ci
difference between Canadian version VS US version

Hi everyone
I have recently bought a 2002 BMW 330 CI convertible which is The CANADIAN MODEL
It is in km( which actually I like since I am European) and I bought it from someone in California who has taken care of meeting the US requirement 7-8 years ago when the person bought the car from Canada.
The only thing I know is that the Canadian model is premium US model but that is all.
What is the difference in the specs of the car?
when I take the car to the dealer- they say - oh, its a Canadian car and seems like they
are excited about that - should I be? Is it a plus or minus to have Canadian version?
Or it really does not matter.

Last edited by enki; 12-21-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 12-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW e46 1,9l M43
Quote:
Originally Posted by enki View Post
Hi everyone
I have recently bought a 2002 BMW 330 CI convertible which is The CANADIAN MODEL
It is in km( which actually I like since I am European) and I bought it from someone in California who has taken care of meeting the US requirement 7-8 years ago when the person bought the car from Canada.
The only thing I know is that the Canadian model is premium US model but that is all.
when I take the car to the dealer- they say - oh, its a Canadian car and seems like they
are excited about that - should I be? Is it a plus or minus to have Canadian version?
Maybe i would think it doesn't make much difference.
Just those km vs. miles. Or is it somehow bit better equipped against freezing weathers?
Probably same car like we would have here in norther Europe, i don't believe BMW made any Canadian Special Edition.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:41 AM

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 740i
AC temperature is in degrees Celsius, speedometer is in kilometers, and the trunk label shows how to stow hockey sticks instead of golf bags. :-)
Old 12-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
AC temperature is in degrees Celsius, speedometer is in kilometers, and the trunk label shows how to stow hockey sticks instead of golf bags. :-)
This ^^^^^^is the largest (and most important) difference

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*
Old 12-21-2013, 10:53 AM

more info

ok guys - one more info- CANADIAN MODEL says also on the VIN number description when you enter to search the car in the database
Old 12-21-2013, 12:46 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 325xi, E46 2002
You're probably more likely to have the cold weather package (heated front seats, split-folding rear seats with ski pass-through, headlight washers). The ski pass-through works for hockey sticks, too.

S.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:51 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 325xi, E46 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridario View Post
You're probably more likely to have the cold weather package (heated front seats, split-folding rear seats with ski pass-through, headlight washers). The ski pass-through works for hockey sticks, too.

S.
Oh, one more thing. By law we have daytime running lights. Your low-intensity headlights will come on when you start the car. You can't turn them off - it's normal.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:56 PM

Mein Auto: 09 335Cabrio zsp/11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by enki View Post
Hi everyone
It is in km( which actually I like since I am European) and I bought it from someone in California who has taken care of meeting the US requirement 7-8 years ago when the person bought the car from Canada.The only thing I know is that the Canadian model is premium US model but that is all.
I have heard of Canadians wanting to import BMW's from the USA to Canada, but not the reverse. N4S
Old 12-21-2013, 01:15 PM

yes Sridario- I have all that thx Canadian member
Old 12-21-2013, 02:04 PM

Mein Auto: BMW e46 1,9l M43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridario View Post
Oh, one more thing. By law we have daytime running lights. Your low-intensity headlights will come on when you start the car. You can't turn them off - it's normal.
Otherwise same here also, except mine can be switched off, but because should always have lights on when moving, then i basically let it stay "ON" all the time.
They are lit when starting the engine and they go off when shutting down.

Last edited by lgr122; 12-21-2013 at 02:07 PM.