Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X4 F26 (On Sale 2014)

X4 F26 (On Sale 2014)
BMW has released the X4 Concept. The X4 is a baby X6 and will share the platform from the F25 X3. Engine and options will also come over from the X3. Stay tuned for more BMW X4 details as we get them.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i xdrive coupe
x3 vs x4?

looking at a new x3 but curious about the x4...its supposed to be based on the x3 body and options, etc...will most of the differences be cosmetic? is it supposed to have better handling? suspension more sport like? curious as to if anyone out there is in the same boat and waiting to see the x4 prior to purchasing a x3.

mostly would use it to have fun driving with but practical in the sense of road trips, carrying my bicycles around (i like the option of inside the x3 with the mounts especially for long road trips) and just overall winter sports.

thanks!
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
If it is anything like the X5 VS X6 the usability wise there is no comparison. I would guess it will have a little stiffer suspension and maybe bigger roll bars to make the handling a little more snappy but otherwise I would expect it to be similar driving to the X3.

Tim
Old 03-07-2014, 05:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 330i
I looked at and test drove the X1 and thought it drove ok, but was very underwhelmed with it's looks. The X3 looks nice but reminds me a bit of a Honda and I wanted something that was nice looking, but handled better than a standard SUV. I like the looks of the X4 and most all of they details sound good, but I need to test drive one, then I will decide between the X4 or a 328/335...

Not sure how you decide if it is ugly without seeing one, unless you have already made your mind up...

Last edited by MythosDreamlab; 03-07-2014 at 05:07 PM.