Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 135i
please help! bad noise

only happens when i open the door or closing the door.. and it is quite difficult to repeat the noise, since it happens maybe twice a day...

Last edited by gateli; 07-23-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2014, 04:36 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 128i
noise problem

Did you manage to get rid of the noise?
Old 02-21-2014, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: Audi A4
Question, when you open or close the door, does the window nudge down slightly? It sounds like the electric window gear is slipping. Does it make the noise when you lower or raise the windows?
Old 02-24-2014, 06:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 128i
Good guess maybeBMW! I like the idea. You have to think about what operates when the car is shut off but the door is opened and closed. 1. The window goes slightly up after shutting. 2. Build up of pressure for breaks. other than that its the lights and they dont make noise. The noise does not sound like the pump, the sound would be less high pitched and not as fast. The noise does sound like slipping or disengaged gear. I'll bet you have some damage on the teeth for the power windows and like on a bad starter bendix if it happens to be sitting on that spot when activated it would slip and make the racket but wont do it if it happens to be engaged with the good teeth. Over time, there will be less and less good teeth to engage. If maybeBMW and I are right you should get the sound somewhere in the travel of the window from full up to full down and back. You might also see a slight hesitation in the movement of the window up or down. The travel wont be completely smooth when the gears slip.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 AM

Send a message via ICQ to jpod
Mein Auto: 128i
I have the same intemittent sound on my 2009 128. I believe it has to do with the lock / unlock mechanism when you touch the handle. That is the only time I hear it. Still looking into it and will post when I have some info.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Bon Vivant!

Mein Auto: 2010 MB SLK & BMW 135i
I've found German cars make all sorts of noise. Both of mine do! I hear clicking, whirling, and other assorted odd sounds. My advice is you should remain very quiet and not disturb the car. It might slap you with a door!

Yuk yuk!

The odd couple!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to jpod
Mein Auto: 128i
door lock

I believe it is the mechanism for the door locks. If I grab the handle to unlock AND have my thumb on the lock area, it makes that anoying sound. If I just grab the handle it never mkes that sound.