Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Bernie@Bimmerfest Bernie@Bimmerfest is offline
Administrator
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,237
Mein Auto: 83' 323is, 07' MINI JCW+
M4 vs. E92 M3 New Photo Comparison

I did this comparison a while back using the overproduced pics of the M4 and a pretty plain red M3. This time the M3 is a bit more aggressive and the M4 isn't so fake looking.

M4/3

M4/3

M4/3

M4/3

Read more about the M4 and M3 here.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 12-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,182
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
M4 vs. E92 M3 New Photo Comparison

Is it just me or does the F82 look considerably lower?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-12-2013, 10:05 AM
twhisten twhisten is offline
Drive it like u stole it!
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 784
Mein Auto: 2013 M3
The new body style still hasn't grown on me. I don't like the roundel on the front.......I like it on the hood better.
__________________


1997 328i- retired
2007 328i- retired- lease
2006 330xi- retired
2011 335xi-PCD-12/13/10 - DINAN3-----retired
2013 M3-Laguna Seca-6 speed-EDC

2006 X5- retired
2011 X5- retired- buy back

bmw cca#443379
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-12-2013, 12:48 PM
McLoven's Avatar
McLoven McLoven is offline
It stings the nostrils!
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 575
Mein Auto: LRP Edition M3 and 328i
This car looks sick. CF driveshaft, active diff, 6 pot/4 pot ceramic brakes. The seats look amazing. Not sure how I feel about the engine yet though.. I have driven an M6 and have had rides in the M5 and yeah they're fast as hell but they make no sound...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 PM
highyo highyo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: manhattan
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,754
Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
it's gorgeous. they outdid themselves. its going to be amazing and for that i am proud of the badge. i still wave at e36s m3s when i see em. it's going to be another special M car.
__________________


2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,436
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
it's gorgeous. they outdid themselves. its going to be amazing and for that i am proud of the badge. i still wave at e36s m3s when i see em. it's going to be another special M car.
+1 I appreciate both - different but still unique expressions of M. I hope the new M 4 drives as stunning as it looks. The e92M3 is a hard act to follow. I, too, take special pleasure seeing older well kept Ms. Regardless of age - M is special.
__________________
BMWCCA
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-13-2013, 04:09 PM
pkim1079 pkim1079 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: los angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 283
Mein Auto: e90 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twhisten View Post
The new body style still hasn't grown on me. I don't like the roundel on the front.......I like it on the hood better.
its in the same exact place LOL....so you want it where the hood ends? that would just look awkward with a gap between the top of the kidney grills and the hood.
__________________

BPM stage2 + servo tune - POS exhaust - catless - driver mod (ongoing)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,182
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
M4 vs. E92 M3 New Photo Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
its in the same exact place LOL....so you want it where the hood ends? that would just look awkward with a gap between the top of the kidney grills and the hood.
It's not in the same place?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-13-2013, 04:25 PM
pkim1079 pkim1079 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: los angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 283
Mein Auto: e90 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
It's not in the same place?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
uh...its right above the kidney grills.....how is it different?
__________________

BPM stage2 + servo tune - POS exhaust - catless - driver mod (ongoing)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,182
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
M4 vs. E92 M3 New Photo Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
uh...its right above the kidney grills.....how is it different?
His issue is that it isn't on the hood. The hood has that ugly straight line instead of the hood that conforms around the tops of the grilles.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-13-2013, 04:50 PM
pkim1079 pkim1079 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: los angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 283
Mein Auto: e90 m3
so thats what i was saying about earlier, you want it at the end of the hood even with that line? that would just look weird with a gap between the grills and the hood.....its in the same place on the car....the hood line has moved, but the badge stayed in the same place.

if using the other logic, technically the kidney grills aren't in the same place since they used to be part of the hood....now does that make any sense whatsoever??
__________________

BPM stage2 + servo tune - POS exhaust - catless - driver mod (ongoing)

Last edited by pkim1079; 12-13-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,182
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
M4 vs. E92 M3 New Photo Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
so thats what i was saying about earlier, you want it at the end of the hood even with that line? that would just look weird with a gap between the grills and the hood.....its in the same place on the car....the hood line has moved, but the badge stayed in the same place.

if using the other logic, technically the kidney grills aren't in the same place since they used to be part of the hood....now does that make any sense whatsoever??
Wut.

The grilles aren't apart of the hood...




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 M3 DCT


Last edited by Keepittrill; 12-13-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-13-2013, 05:51 PM
pkim1079 pkim1079 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: los angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 283
Mein Auto: e90 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
Wut.

The grilles aren't apart of the hood...




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
On the E39/46 models, yes they were...so in the E60/90 the kidney grills are not in the same place because they are no longer a part of the hood? that would look quite ridiculous with the kidney grills and the badges always moving with the hood line LOL

http://www.inextyn.com/projects/trac...race_hood.html

The reasoning of the logo is not in the same place does not make any sense.
__________________

BPM stage2 + servo tune - POS exhaust - catless - driver mod (ongoing)

Last edited by pkim1079; 12-13-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,182
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
M4 vs. E92 M3 New Photo Comparison

Only on bimmerfest do people fight this hard over something so stupid...


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:13 PM
pkim1079 pkim1079 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: los angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 283
Mein Auto: e90 m3
im not fighting im just trying to get behind how the brain would possibly work like that......lol

you should see the other site....much worse!
__________________

BPM stage2 + servo tune - POS exhaust - catless - driver mod (ongoing)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,182
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
M4 vs. E92 M3 New Photo Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
im not fighting im just trying to get behind how the brain would possibly work like that......lol

you should see the other site....much worse!
LOL bimmerpost? Don't even get me started on that...

But I did look at what you were talking about and you were right

I still hate that the hood ends in a horizontal straight line instead of conforming around the grille


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:32 PM
pkim1079 pkim1079 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: los angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 283
Mein Auto: e90 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
LOL bimmerpost? Don't even get me started on that...

But I did look at what you were talking about and you were right

I still hate that the hood ends in a horizontal straight line instead of conforming around the grille


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
HAHA - I love that site, very informative, very technical, and very fun (full of funny drama and just funny people).
__________________

BPM stage2 + servo tune - POS exhaust - catless - driver mod (ongoing)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,182
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
M4 vs. E92 M3 New Photo Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
HAHA - I love that site, very informative, very technical, and very fun (full of funny drama and just funny people).
I think it's just because the crowd seems generally younger than here!

But I don't think we're allowed to talk about other BMW forums on here. (Someone mentioned it was against forum rules or something)


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-14-2013, 12:14 AM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Don't agree with the direction, and I like the Sedan more than the Coupe.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-14-2013, 08:15 AM
thumper_330's Avatar
thumper_330 thumper_330 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,374
Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_330 Send a message via Skype™ to thumper_330
Mein Auto: 2012 K1600GT, 2008 M3
I think the thing that strikes me here is that while the M4 has gained even more aggressiveness thanks to the big, bold sweeping curves... it seems to have lost the "stateliness". The E9x has a certain air of understatement while the F8x seems to just scream "Look at me; I've been free-basing steroids!"

To me it's like the comparison between Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson specifically in Fast Six. Vin Diesel looks muscular and athletic, while The Rock just looks like he's been bench-pressing... well... Vin Diesel.

I will say I think the M3 is the looker of the F8x cars at the moment. I'm just not digging the coupe lines at the moment... but I'll reserve judgment until I see one first-hand.
__________________
2001 E46 BMW 330i Sport Package 6MT *SOLD*
2004 BMW R1150GS - *SOLD*
2004 E60 BMW 545i Sport 6MT - *SOLD*
2012 BMW 135i - Deep Sea Blue / Terracotta / DCT *SOLD*
2012 BMW K1600GT - Vermillion Red Metallic
2008 BMW E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Silver / 6MT

http://www.driveblog.net

Last edited by thumper_330; 12-14-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Mr Tonka Mr Tonka is offline
Registered User
Location: FL
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: Dirty BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_330 View Post
I think the thing that strikes me here is that while the M4 has gained even more aggressiveness thanks to the big, bold sweeping curves... it seems to have lost the "stateliness". The E9x has a certain air of understatement while the F8x seems to just scream "Look at me; I've been free-basing steroids!"

To me it's like the comparison between Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson specifically in Fast Six. Vin Diesel looks muscular and athletic, while The Rock just looks like he's been bench-pressing... well... Vin Diesel.

I will say I think the M3 is the looker of the F8x cars at the moment. I'm just not digging the coupe lines at the moment... but I'll reserve judgment until I see one first-hand.
Look at the M4 in space grey or black and get back to us.

I think just about every car looks like that when it's in a deep gold metallic color.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Keepittrill's Avatar
Keepittrill Keepittrill is offline
My avatar is a selfie LOL
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,182
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Look at the M4 in space grey or black and get back to us.

I think just about every car looks like that when it's in a deep gold metallic color.
I thought you only used Bimmerpost?
__________________
2010 E89 Z4- gone and forgotten (;
2011 M3 DCT

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw m4, e92 m3 photo comparison, f80 m3, m4


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms