Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Woo Hoo FREE Donuts

Mein Auto: 2004 645Ci Convertible
Sample of how cheap repairs are here...at a BMW Dealer too

So I have a huge stack of parts that I want to put on my 645. Some need to be replaced, some don't but I like to be prepared.

There is a new BMW Dealership here in Cambodia so I went down and talked to the service department about just replacing some of these parts I have here.

The parts on this sheet are just a few of the parts I could think of when I went down there so she just did an estimate with what I told her.

I have my own coolant and oil and I also bought all the parts myself. This is just an estimate for Labor ONLY. Pretty cheap considering it is at a BMW dealership.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
That is cheap!

Life is good for you, getting paid American Dollars while and paying for everything in Riel. I hope you also have a stable full of babes.

Last edited by tampamark; 01-22-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E92
That's what happens when you live in a kingdom!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2011 E92 | Space Grey Metallic | Red/Black/Bamboo | ZMP | Premium | Convenience | Navigation | HK | Heated Seats
Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Woo Hoo FREE Donuts

So just to see how cheap bigger repairs are I just sent a request to quote changing both valve cover gaskets and upper and lower timing cover gaskets. I also asked how much if I buy the parts from them.

This should be interesting.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Fastpaddler

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
So I have a huge stack of parts that I want to put on my 645. Some need to be replaced, some don't but I like to be prepared.

There is a new BMW Dealership here in Cambodia so I went down and talked to the service department about just replacing some of these parts I have here.

The parts on this sheet are just a few of the parts I could think of when I went down there so she just did an estimate with what I told her.

I have my own coolant and oil and I also bought all the parts myself. This is just an estimate for Labor ONLY. Pretty cheap considering it is at a BMW dealership.
Thanks for that. Just shows that the market will charge whatever we will pay. And we pay too much or do we??
Old 01-23-2014, 12:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post

It's the same price here in Los Angeles. No wait, that is the tax on the repair here.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 01-23-2014, 04:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 650i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
It's the same price here in Los Angeles. No wait, that is the tax on the repair here.
Now THAT is funny.
I'm curious what you paid for the car.

Taz
Old 01-23-2014, 05:37 AM
Woo Hoo FREE Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaz View Post
Now THAT is funny.
I'm curious what you paid for the car.

Taz

This isn't a car I bought here. I've had this car since 2005. I just wanted to see what they would charge for different repairs here.

I have parts that I have been sitting on just in case I ever have a problem and most are parts that will die sooner or later so i just have them waiting.

For example I have in my spare room....

Alternator
Upper and lower coolant hoses
Thermostat
Struts all the way around
Valve cover Gasket set
Upper and Lower Timing Cover Gasket sets
Another spare Regulator
H&R Lowering Springs
Various Filters
Transmission Filter set with Pan
Eccentric Shaft and parts related to it
CCV set
Had a water pump but replaced that 2 years ago
Windshield Wipers
8"Earthquake Subs I will install "One Day"
Full Aluminum Interior (traded a guy for the light colored wood

Even more stuff back in that room

Some stuff like Gaskets i need to change soon, some stuff are just waiting for the other parts to fail. I'm never getting rid of this car so i might as well have what i need on hand.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:50 AM
Woo Hoo FREE Donuts

So here is what it would cost if I buy all the parts from them. That's including all the replacement fluids also. This even includes the lower Timing cover that supposedly requires the engine to be removed.

Crazy Alternator price but even if i only used my alternator and got everything from them it is still a Crazy cheap price. I can feel myself getting Lazyier by the minute.....LOL

Last edited by All-Or-Nothing; 01-23-2014 at 05:57 AM.