Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:16 AM

Mein Auto: '06 BMW 650i convertible
Probably I'll change my mind on prolonging the CPO in my 6. I can get a deal only paying the months I'll have the car on the road. Here in the Netherlands we have to pay monthly roadtax ($120/month for the 6-er :X) and if it's suspended the car cannot be on the puplic road but offcource then I'll pay nothing. Due to the dutch wheater I'll only drive the car 6 months a year and the other monts it's suspended from road tax and in hybernation in my garage.
Anyways, I can get a deal to have extended factory warranty for $130 a month. If I will only use the car for 6 months the insurance company will spread the fee for 1 full year over 2 years SO I can drive my car as I planned with extended factory warranty costing me less than $800 a year, covering almost everything. (except tires, regular maintenance, brakepads etc. ofcource).

I forgot to mention that I get a 10% discount on the fee because I didn't claim in the previous year.

Last edited by BvN; 03-12-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 645 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BvN View Post
Hi all,

I'm doubting to renew my CPO because of the costs. It will cost me approx 1250 euro's (say $1500) a year for the highest coverage (which covers everything except tires, breakpads, etc.)
So I need more than $1500 on repair costs to make the CPO worth the money.

I was wondering which repair costs you all ran into @ which milage?

What is your opinion in my case? The car is a 2006 650i vert. with approx 22000 miles on it. It's not a daily drive thus I'll drive not more than 4000 miles a year.
Man, that is cheap. Over here I was quoted $3300 for something similar.

Maybellineo
Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 645 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedesigns View Post
vacuum pump replaced - under warranty
since then - $0
overall repair costs - $0

always garage kept with dehumidifier
NO modifications
i don't drive it like I stole it (which I suspect many on this board do)
approximately 70K miles
Man you are lucky. I have the same year & make as you & have spent thousands.

Maybellineo