Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 12-02-2013, 06:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
X6 ActiveHybrid

What are your thoughts on the Hybrid X6? I have found a certified model for sale and I love everything about the vehicle after researching it, however on a BMW the simpler the vehicle is the better off it will be in the long run and this thing is far from simple. With the certification can it be trusted? I want to add maintenance to it, but I'm guessing the maintenance extension costs will be a bit more than what a normal X6 would be? I have done a search and read about what different people had said, but they were fairly old posts. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vehicle lineup:
2003 325i-Premium pkg, heated seats, leather (sold)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe-Navigation, Sunroof, DVD, 4X4, autoride, etc. (sold)

2007 Audi A6-everything except navigation (sold)

2007 z-71 Avalanche-heated seats, sunroof, 4X4

2007 BMW X5 3.0si- heated seats, technology pkg, premium pkg
(current)

Also in the garage-
2007 Cadillac Escalade
2010 GMC Sierra SLT
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat
2004 GMC 2500HD

Ads by Google
Old 12-04-2013, 03:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 x6 hybrid
x6 hybrid

Dear BMW lover, walk away from that car as fast as you can. I had one fully loaded, it stayed in the shop for months. I finally, with help forced BMW to replace that car with a X6 5.0 with all of the fully loaded toys. You do not understand they do not warranty the battery and the computer soft ware has lots of problems. I may be mistaken but do not think you can even order x6 hybrid anymore! IT really left a bad impression on me! Sorry to be so negative on this car.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:34 AM

Mein Auto: E60, E71, E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianraysmith View Post
Dear BMW lover, walk away from that car as fast as you can. I had one fully loaded, it stayed in the shop for months. I finally, with help forced BMW to replace that car with a X6 5.0 with all of the fully loaded toys. You do not understand they do not warranty the battery and the computer soft ware has lots of problems. I may be mistaken but do not think you can even order x6 hybrid anymore! IT really left a bad impression on me! Sorry to be so negative on this car.
No wonder, a BMW broker here has both X6 Hybrid and X6 5.0i similarly options and mileage, the latter has $5k more asking price. I believe the hybrid has same engine as 5.0i and supposedly better 0-60 and more mpg but lower cost used, ehm....
Old 12-05-2013, 07:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 x6 hybrid
x 6 hybrid

I would take the x 5.0 and get the additional warranty and service contract! If you drive as much I as do 15,000 yr, you will easily use the cost on the additional service and warranty. Make sure it is the BMW warranty! Good luck! They should be able to give the service records on those cars. I think BMW charge 175.00 for inspection etc.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: X6 ActiveHybrid
California Emissions Warranty coverage

I've gained lots of knowledge through the forums so I thought I would give back a little . I've recently bought a used BMW X6 ActiveHybrid and its a pretty sweet ride! As with most people in this forum, I had concerns about whether I would keep the car when the 4/50k warranty expired or get additional extended warranty. My car was originally registered in California (I live in WA) so I ended up contacting BMWNA to see if they would honor California Emissions Warranty. Below is what I got back from BMWNA.

"We thank you for your patience as we researched your inquiry.

The California emissions warranty applies to all vehicles that were sold in California, regardless of where the vehicle has been relocated."

It covers hybrid parts including HV battery, head cover gasket, HPFP, turbo charger, VANOS, ECU etc, 7/70k; pretty much most of the expensive parts.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:32 PM

Mein Auto: E60, E71, E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwa View Post
I've gained lots of knowledge through the forums so I thought I would give back a little . I've recently bought a used BMW X6 ActiveHybrid and its a pretty sweet ride! As with most people in this forum, I had concerns about whether I would keep the car when the 4/50k warranty expired or get additional extended warranty. My car was originally registered in California (I live in WA) so I ended up contacting BMWNA to see if they would honor California Emissions Warranty. Below is what I got back from BMWNA.

"We thank you for your patience as we researched your inquiry.

The California emissions warranty applies to all vehicles that were sold in California, regardless of where the vehicle has been relocated."

It covers hybrid parts including HV battery, head cover gasket, HPFP, turbo charger, VANOS, ECU etc, 7/70k; pretty much most of the expensive parts.
I believe thats' typical BMW original waranty, 7/70k on big items. For you it's good to have 7-yr waranty on battery those Li-Ion cells are rather temperamental.