Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: FX35
Unhappy Anyone take car back to dealer to fix random squeaks?

I know I'm more anal than your average person, but the dash area squeaks and noises that have popped up drive me crazy! It really cheapens my overall feeling about the car. Has anyone else taken their car back to he dealer for this and did hey fix the problem?
Ads by Google
Old 02-05-2014, 03:44 PM

Mein Auto: S-Drive X1
Fortunately I have had no squeaks or rattles in my 2014 X1, but the prior car I bought new, a Toyota Rav4 had numerous squeaks and rattles in the dashboard area and these were common in that particular car. And yes they drove me crazy, but I waited to see if others were able to successfully find and fix the dash rattles and I am glad I waited. Many folks had their dash boards disassembled, windshield gaskets replaced and other time consuming efforts made to fix things only to discover the creaks and rattles reappeared one or two months after the repair. In other words, there was no workable fix for this.

After one year or perhaps 18 months all the squeaks and rattles in my car went away on their own but it was a gradual process. In the colder months the noises were not as noticeable as in the summer when materials expand. But ultimately they all went away and the car is completely free of noises now.

I do not know if any of this carries over to your particular case but the lesson learned from this experience was that it was better to wait and see rather than tear everything apart because once you disassemble major parts of the interior of your car you may end up with more troubles down the road being that things do not always go back together as perfectly as when they are originally assembled.

Perhaps others will have some perspective on this but my best advice is to live with it for a while and see if goes away before tearing things apart.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Sandlapper Chapter

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 xDrive35i
Yep. No luck.
2002 X5 3.0i/man./SP/PP/Sirius/BT/Titansilber/Sandbeige*
2006 330i/man./SP/PP/CWP/Sirius/Blackline/Rear Fogs/Arktis/Grau*
2001 525i/step./SP/PP/CP/CWP/Xenons/Rear Shade/OEM Sirius/OEM BT/OEM AUX/M5 Rear Sway/Bilstein HDs/Beisan Vanos/Rear Fogs/Schiefergrün/Sandbeige*
2012 VW Golf R/Rising Blue*
2013 X1 xDrive35i Alpinweiß/Schwarz/M Sport/Premium/Tech
*retired
Old 02-06-2014, 06:55 AM

Mein Auto: X1 M
While I dont know if they will be able to fix your issues, I do suggest you get it checked asap if you want to. Most of these car manufacturers consider things like this an "adjustment" and that warranty ends usually under 20KM
Old 02-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 Audi Q5 3.2
Yes. I identified the squeaky areas and the dealer fixed by applying some sort of lube to the area where 2 plastic pieces came together. That was last August, IIRC, and it's still quiet.
The squeaking came from the area where the face of the radio and climate control meets the side panel(s) of the center console

HaveBulldogWillTravel
English Bulldog Rescue
Recover
Rehab
Rehome
Rewarding
'13 X1 xDrive28i, Min. White, Sand, UP, LP, M-Sport, HK, Heated Seats, Satellite
Cross Bars
Invisihitch
Old 02-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Mullini

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW sDrive 28i X1
I had squeaking - really, more "crackling" - for the first few months with my X1. It's all but disappeared. However, whenever we have some hot weather here in the Los Angeles area, there might be a random crackle or two still. It's been a while since it's been hot in LA, but I better not complain about that, or posters from places with a real winter may chuck something at their computer screens, trying to get me...

Only 54F at the moment...brrrr....