Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW M3 Convertible
Is this considered a legit performance upgrade?

Hey guys I just searched the forum for past topics on the Sprint Booster, but it showed no results. Is it really that bad that no one even mentions it? Or what lol. I've heard from a couple friends that they really lover theirs. I rode with my best friend in his full-size gmc pickup, and I have to say with the sprint booster connected, it was noticeably "quicker". Now I know it doesn't add HP which kinda sucks, but it eliminates that "lag time" when you press down on the gas pedal. Its a fairly cheap mod as well, so I guess if I do end up purchasing it and it doesn't work like I was hoping, I'm not losing a ton of money.

Amyways, thanks for reading guys, if you have any knowledge, first hand or second hand lol on the sprint booster give me your opinion and/or experience with it.

Thanks

Last edited by RobDizzle_93; 01-26-2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2014, 04:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Dinan///M3 - Countryman S
The fact that you didn't find any threads about this should answer your question. Program your M settings correctly and you won't need this...............Phil

2011.5 Dinan ///M3:
SSII DCT
Comp, Conv, Premium 2 Pkg
Heated Seats
Enhnd Prem Sound
BMW Edition Grills / Gills
BMW M Perf. Steering Wheel
BMW Carbon Fiber Perf. Spoiler
BMW Pedals
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Mid Racing Exhaust (x-pipe)
Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake
Dinan Racing Middle Exhaust Software
Dinan DCT Tune
Dinan Pulley Kit
Dinan CH-R Wheels
Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces
IND M5 Scheme Mirror Caps
Arkym Front Lip
Carbon Front Reflectors
Lux H8 V3
Brembo 365mm BBK
Old 01-26-2014, 07:07 AM

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
Is this guerrilla marketing

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 01-26-2014, 01:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650 Ryder View Post
The fact that you didn't find any threads about this should answer your question. Program your M settings correctly and you won't need this...............Phil
+1

From the factory, the M3 is already tuned to near the limit without considering an x-pipe and/or FI. The stage 1 ECU upgrades (from Dinan, BPM, Evolve, ESS, etc) will change the throttle response, rev limit and sometimes steering response. Stage 2 will provide more power due to the removal of the primary and/or secondary cats. Search on this topic to find out more.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhman View Post
+1

From the factory, the M3 is already tuned to near the limit without considering an x-pipe and/or FI. The stage 1 ECU upgrades (from Dinan, BPM, Evolve, ESS, etc) will change the throttle response, rev limit and sometimes steering response. Stage 2 will provide more power due to the removal of the primary and/or secondary cats. Search on this topic to find out more.
Thanks for the info! Sorry if that sounded like a stupid question, it was just something that caught my eye while browsing one day. I'll def look into those ECU upgrades, thanks!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:26 AM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDizzle_93 View Post
Thanks for the info! Sorry if that sounded like a stupid question, it was just something that caught my eye while browsing one day. I'll def look into those ECU upgrades, thanks!
Drive logic: D5 or S6
EDC: cant remember the name but max that out
DSC: MDM or Off
Power: Sport+
Severtronic: Sport+
Shift lights: On

Try that then see if you want more power
BPM tune + DCT tune + Dinan Pulley kit and intake made a NOTICEABLE difference for me. The only thing after what I did was stroker motor or ESS kit and exhuast.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Hey guys I just searched the forum for past topics on the Sprint Booster, but it showed no results. Is it really that bad that no one even mentions it? Or what lol. I've heard from a couple friends that they really lover theirs. I rode with my best friend in his full-size gmc pickup, and I have to say with the sprint booster connected, it was noticeably "quicker". Now I know it doesn't add HP which kinda sucks, but it eliminates that "lag time" when you press down on the gas pedal. Its a fairly cheap mod as well, so I guess if I do end up purchasing it and it doesn't work like I was hoping, I'm not losing a ton of money.

Amyways, thanks for reading guys, if you have any knowledge, first hand or second hand lol on the sprint booster give me your opinion and/or experience with it.

Thanks
There are threads about this, but I'm not sure what appears in the title. You may also want to search under "Pedalbox," which is a rival product to the sprint booster. I know there are threads on that.

That bottom line is that lots of people think these devices are nonsense, but everyone who has one thinks they're one of the best modifications around. I have a pedalbox, and I'm delighted with it. It's not the same as simply slamming your foot quickly onto the accelerator, as some claim. It's quite different, and it makes the car far more responsive to the accelerator pedal.

2004 330ci w/ sport package, 6 spd manual

Modifications: 3.46 differential, Pedalbox throttle signal amplifier, Active Autowerke performance software, Bilstein HDs
Old 01-27-2014, 02:08 PM
First Timer

Mein Auto: Me: M3; Her: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Davis View Post
It's not the same as simply slamming your foot quickly onto the accelerator, as some claim. It's quite different, and it makes the car far more responsive to the accelerator pedal.
I can see how this is "fun", since when I'm between track events, I set my MDrive to max throttle response. More fun to zip around that way, and I don't need to be smooth because I'm nowhere near the limits. For actual fast driving - specifically on the track - I have my throttle response set as gradual as possible. Precise control is the goal; there's no problem getting to max ASAP - my foot moves plenty fast.
I just love how a 4 year old car/design is STILL the benchmark which other automakers aspire to reach. Still winning comparisons . Still very much in the conversation. Is the E9x M3 a legend? You bet your @ss it is.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
I can see how this is "fun", since when I'm between track events, I set my MDrive to max throttle response. More fun to zip around that way, and I don't need to be smooth because I'm nowhere near the limits. For actual fast driving - specifically on the track - I have my throttle response set as gradual as possible. Precise control is the goal; there's no problem getting to max ASAP - my foot moves plenty fast.
This makes sense. I wouldn't think this sort of device would be helpful under track conditions; it's more of a daily driver modification, I guess.

Modifications: 3.46 differential, Pedalbox throttle signal amplifier, Active Autowerke performance software, Bilstein HDs
Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Davis View Post
There are threads about this, but I'm not sure what appears in the title. You may also want to search under "Pedalbox," which is a rival product to the sprint booster. I know there are threads on that.

That bottom line is that lots of people think these devices are nonsense, but everyone who has one thinks they're one of the best modifications around. I have a pedalbox, and I'm delighted with it. It's not the same as simply slamming your foot quickly onto the accelerator, as some claim. It's quite different, and it makes the car far more responsive to the accelerator pedal.
^^^This is what I was talking about. I've never heard from anyone who actually owned a sprint booster/ Pedalbox say they were disappointed that they bought it....I think as long as you go in with the right expectations, the Pedalbox/Sprint Booster could be fun little upgrades.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
^^^This is what I was talking about. I've never heard from anyone who actually owned a sprint booster/ Pedalbox say they were disappointed that they bought it....I think as long as you go in with the right expectations, the Pedalbox/Sprint Booster could be fun little upgrades.
I had a mechanic install my pedalbox for $50, though you can do it yourself if you're at all handy. (There may be you tube videos on this; I can't remember.) If you decide to go for this, I recommend the Pedalbox over the Sprint Booster. The sprint booster has three settings: sport, racing, and off. The pedalbox has four -main- settings (eco, sport, sport plus, and off), and then another set of buttons that allow you to fine tune the setting among seven other settings ranging from --- to +++. As near as I can tell, the main buttons determine how much the engine revs up, while the seven other settings determine how quickly it does, but don't hold me to that. Anyway, the two devices cost the same, so I went with the one that has more choices.

Have fun with it!

Old 02-12-2014, 02:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
BMW M3 come with a Factory "Sprint Booster" called the "Power" Button. It does the same thing as what the sprint booster does.
-- SOLD --
08 550i M-Sport
04 BMW 545I sport
07 BMW X5 4.8I sport
02 BMW X5 4.4i sport
01 BMW 540I M/sport
00 SL500
97 SL500