Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:37 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X1
How do I change the headlight, fog, and DRL bulbs on my 2013 X1?

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2013 X1 without the Lighting Package and wanted to upgrade the bulbs in the DRL, Headlights, and Fog lights to a brighter white bulb.

I have been all over the internet and you tube trying to find instructions on how to access the lights and do the changes myself but have had no luck.

Does anyone know how and where I can locate this info so I can swap out the bulbs?

Any and all info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 14 X1 xdrive28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS_X1_2013 View Post
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2013 X1 without the Lighting Package and wanted to upgrade the bulbs in the DRL, Headlights, and Fog lights to a brighter white bulb.

I have been all over the internet and you tube trying to find instructions on how to access the lights and do the changes myself but have had no luck.

Does anyone know how and where I can locate this info so I can swap out the bulbs?

Any and all info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
The access panels in the wheel wells are useless you are better off doing it through the engine bay. For the passenger side just unplug the headlight harness and you should have enough room to reach down and change the bulb. The driver's side is a bit more tricky, I removed part of the air filter housing, and unplugged the headlight harness. Once I removed those 2 things I was able to reach the bulb. You will need to remove and reinstall them by feel so take note of the position they are in when take them out.