Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 02-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M7
BMS vs Dinan vs Stock F01 - We did the runs people

Ok. Had a small meet and did the runs with my Racebox. Here are our final results. Take it for what you will. There are no axes to grind here, just verified Racebox numbers with different drivers in the same cars. Enjoy!!!

Here are our final results. 0-60 runs.

F01 2013 750i BMS tune n63tu - 4.4 sec (rajeek)
F01 2010 750i Dinan Stage 3 n63 - 4.7 sec (CaBimmerNation)
F01 2013 750i Stock n63tu - 4.7 sec (ChrisF01)
F01 2009-2012 750i Stock n63 - 5.1 sec (not represented, but commonly estimated time)

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 02-23-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2014, 07:33 PM

Pics. Of course no meet is complete unless the cops show up (Last pic in SUV)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1393209129.234240.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	424616

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1393209141.082641.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	424617

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1393209150.748865.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	424618

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1393209166.832490.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	424619

Sent from your mom's iPhone

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 02-23-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
It was fun, definitely was skeptical about BMW's time, was surprised I nailed it dead on.

Wish Alex could have came, oh well.

Also Jim's times were a bit over the place, it seems his car may just be difficult to launch properly, lots of wheel spin.

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.

Last edited by ChrisF01; 02-23-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF01 View Post
It was fun, definitely was skeptical about BMW's time, was surprised I nailed it dead on.

Also Jim's times were a bit over the place, it seems his car may just be difficult to launch properly, lots of wheel spin.
Thanks for coming out Chris and for the brewskies. Alex......who is that?

Old 02-23-2014, 09:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 750Li X-Drive
Wow, pretty crazy. Awesome to see 3 nicely modded 7s like that together. It would blow my mind if I saw that around Chicago.

Results sound like Dinan gets you the power of a N63TU (additional 45 hp). Not too bad, but the BMS does seem to add some power to the new engine.

I took my BMS off a couple weeks ago because I had to go to emissions testing. Initially the car seemed laggy, but I dialed up the Pedal Box and now I don't miss it at all. With the crappy weather I have not put the BMS back on and I might leave it off for a while.

I used to get black exhaust smoke under heavy acceleration, but without the BMS the smoke is gone.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoX750Li View Post
Wow, pretty crazy. Awesome to see 3 nicely modded 7s like that together. It would blow my mind if I saw that around Chicago.

Results sound like Dinan gets you the power of a N63TU (additional 45 hp). Not too bad, but the BMS does seem to add some power to the new engine.

I took my BMS off a couple weeks ago because I had to go to emissions testing. Initially the car seemed laggy, but I dialed up the Pedal Box and now I don't miss it at all. With the crappy weather I have not put the BMS back on and I might leave it off for a while.

I used to get black exhaust smoke under heavy acceleration, but without the BMS the smoke is gone.
It was fun. Even the cop was asking about our cars and gave him a tour of our mods. Day went well overall I think.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
It was fun. Even the cop was asking about our cars and gave him a tour of our mods. Day went well overall I think.
Was it random the cop showed up or did someone call?

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 PM

Mein Auto: 750i 740i 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF01 View Post

Thanks Chris, still in a daze... need to catch up on more sleep, but saw this post:

1) Anyone get a ticket?
2) Jim's 4.7 is very impressive to me, considering that he's got the non-TU engine AND the 6 speed vs. 8 speed. trans. So I'm thinking he's got to be making more than 45hp to keep up with Chris' 4.7 run. Then consider he was having traction issues.
3) Raj, mail that racebox up to me and I'll record some numbers (I've got the BMS, but I can pull the tune so we can get some stock figures). Or I can drive down sometime after this coming week.
4) Raj's 4.3 is also impressive to me considering this is a very well-optioned ("heavy") 7 (vs. say a lighter 5 or a 3) with a simple BMS tune and I believe no other perf. mods.

EDIT: Wait, Raj, this was with you running the newer "TU" tune that Terry sent over? So isn't the 4.3 the same too? So was there no difference between your old Stage 1 BMS and whatever this newer one was?

Last edited by aom; 02-23-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popoemt View Post
Was it random the cop showed up or did someone call?
We were all stopped on the side of the road. Someone called in that they thought we had an accident. He was cool.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
Quote:
We were all stopped on the side of the road. Someone called in that they thought we had an accident. He was cool.
I can imagine, most cops are pretty straight up and big into their "toys", which usually includes cars and boats...

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 02-23-2014, 09:50 PM

Thanks Chris, still in a daze... need to catch up on more sleep, but saw this post:

1) Anyone get a ticket?
No tickets....yahooo!!!!
2) Jim's 4.7 is very impressive to me, considering that he's got the non-TU engine AND the 6 speed vs. 8 speed. trans. So I'm thinking he's got to be making more than 45hp to keep up with Chris' 4.7 run. Then consider he was having traction issues.
His car has a great sound, but clearly has much harsher and nonprecise shifting with the 6 vs 8 speed. He may lose a bit of time there.
3) Raj, mail that racebox up to me and I'll record some numbers (I've got the BMS, but I can pull the tune so we can get some stock figures). Or I can drive down sometime after this coming week.
I may just have you come down. This is fun for me to do.
4) Raj's 4.3 is also impressive to me considering this is a very well-optioned ("heavy") 7 (vs. say a lighter 5 or a 3) with a simple BMS tune and I believe no other perf. mods.
Correct. No other mods, but pedalbox, but even with that off I get same times.

EDIT: Wait, Raj, this was with you running the newer "TU" tune that Terry sent over? So isn't the 4.3 the same too? So was there no difference between your old Stage 1 BMS and whatever this newer one was?
I had the older tune you have and got 4.3 sec best. I swapped out for the new tune tu tune and got 4.4sec best. Best conditions I could probably get 4.3 again. Oddly I make more HP now according to Terry but times don't really reflect that. Seemed to be a wash with the older vs new tu tune. Still amazing I think.

Last edited by rajeek; 02-23-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:01 PM

Mein Auto: 750i 740i 330ci

1) Anyone get a ticket?
No tickets....yahooo!!!!
Nice!
His car has a great sound, but clearly has much harsher and nonprecise shifting with the 6 vs 8 speed. He may lose a bit of time there.
I may just have you come down. This is fun for me to do.
Nice, sure, let me plan to head down there, I'll coordinate with you
Correct. No other mods, but pedalbox, but even with that off I get same times.

I had the older tune you have and got 4.3 sec best. I swapped out for the new tune tu tune and got 4.4sec best. Best conditions I could probably get 4.3 again. Oddly I make more HP now according to Terry but times don't really reflect that. Seemed to be a wash with the older vs new tu tune. Still amazing I think.
Absolutely!!
Old 02-24-2014, 03:32 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
Nope, no accidents to report.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABimmerNation View Post
Nope, no accidents to report.
Hey bro, do you have any other clips of your Dinan exhaust? Unless I missed something, you've got the only clip of an F-series on the 'fest. Just hoping for some more variations-
*cold start
*idle
*revs
*hard acceleration/down shifting

2013 750 Li Alpine White/Black|M-Sport Pkg|LED Lighting Pkg|Exec Pkg|Drivers Assist Pkg|760 Exhaust Tips|Painted Calipers

2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum--Arctic Frost Pearl/Red Rock

2006 750 Li-Retired
2006 330i-Retired
2002 M3-Retired
2000 323Ci-Retired
1991 M3-Retired
Old 02-24-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Pics. Of course no meet is complete unless the cops show up (Last pic in SUV)!

Attachment 424616
Attachment 424617
Attachment 424618
Attachment 424619

Sick pics & quite impressive guys!
It appears that CABN is sitting a little lower than you Raj...

2013 750 Li Alpine White/Black|M-Sport Pkg|LED Lighting Pkg|Exec Pkg|Drivers Assist Pkg|760 Exhaust Tips|Painted Calipers

2006 750 Li-Retired
2006 330i-Retired
2002 M3-Retired
2000 323Ci-Retired
1991 M3-Retired
Old 02-24-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImolaMMM View Post
Sick pics & quite impressive guys!

It appears that CABN is sitting a little lower than you Raj...

We are both lowered the same amount with H&R sport springs. That being said he is a monster in size and just him sitting in his car has probably compressed the springs even more. :-)

Old 02-24-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Hey bro, do you have any other clips of your Dinan exhaust? Unless I missed something, you've got the only clip of an F-series on the 'fest. Just hoping for some more variations-

*cold start

*idle

*revs

His exhaust does sound great. I think he posted it a while ago, or at least said he was going to. Jim?

Old 02-24-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
His exhaust does sound great. I think he posted it a while ago, or at least said he was going to. Jim?

This abbreviated clip is the only one I could find...
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...+exhaust+sound

2006 750 Li-Retired
2006 330i-Retired
2002 M3-Retired
2000 323Ci-Retired
1991 M3-Retired
Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
We are both lowered the same amount with H&R sport springs. That being said he is a monster in size and just him sitting in his car has probably compressed the springs even more. :-)

2006 750 Li-Retired
2006 330i-Retired
2002 M3-Retired
2000 323Ci-Retired
1991 M3-Retired
Old 02-24-2014, 11:17 PM
2009 F02

Mein Auto: 750li, XJ8
what tires was everyone running, did you disengage all the nanny controls? Anyone break loose on take off? and WHAT ABOUT THE RWS!!!! doesn't that add at least 100HP?

2009 750Li - Space Grau Metallic, Camera pkg, Conv pkg, Driver Asst pkg, Lux Seat pkg, Lux rear seat pkg, Prem sound pkg, Sport pkg, HUD, Massaging rear seats, Smartphone integration, Sat radio, MTEC H8 4750K Halo lights
Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 AM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
*cold start
*idle
*revs
Here is hard acceleration. Might want to listen on something with full range sound. Can't really hear much through your phone or tablet.

Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhughes420384 View Post
what tires was everyone running, did you disengage all the nanny controls? Anyone break loose on take off? and WHAT ABOUT THE RWS!!!! doesn't that add at least 100HP?

I have Continental DW's. Chris has Continental DWS's. Not sure what CABM has.

RWS, I don't have one as you know. I actually got ticketed by the cop for no RWS. That sucked.

Last edited by rajeek; 02-26-2014 at 10:39 AM.