Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-02-2013, 05:21 AM

Mein Auto: X3 3.0d M-Sport (2013)
Backup/Reverse Light Failure

We picked up our brand new car at the end of March this year. I absolutely love it, best car we have ever had.

Yesterday - my wife went to pick up our son from school - on engaging reverse, a failure notice came up on the dash saying reverse light failure. When she got to school, she got my son to check the lights at the back of the car when she engaged reverse and they were fine.

I got home from work last night and put the car into reverse about 10 times and it was fine.

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same problem?

I must admit, the wiring looms in my E46 did give me lots of problems for the rear lights -until I messed around with the connections and were fine after that.

We have xenons with LED's on this model though so dont want to mess around with those.
__________________________________________________ ________________________2013 3.0d X3 M-sport Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather, Xenons, DIRAC Professional Sound sytem, Pro Nav, 19" Wheels, Tinted windows, Folding Mirrors, PDC, ASS, DAB Radio, Aluminium trim inc roof bars
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2013, 05:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 x3 28i
I've not had any issue with lights other than a trailer light setup, which was fixed with programming. I'd take it into the dealer. It's probably a simple programming issue that can easily be fixed.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:54 AM

Warning light came back on - booked into dealer on Thursday. Hopefully just a bulb that needs replacing or a loose connection as light does come on again every now and then.

And who says brand new cars are reliable?
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________20 13 3.0d X3 M-sport Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather, Xenons, DIRAC Professional Sound sytem, Pro Nav, 19" Wheels, Tinted windows, Folding Mirrors, PDC, ASS, DAB Radio, Aluminium trim inc roof bars
Old 07-02-2013, 05:11 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 28i
It's like a brand new home...virgin and untested. Something may not function to our satisfaction
Old 07-03-2013, 02:38 AM

Yes - suppose so - I was spoilt with my last beemer - did 153k miles in it and only three issues over that time - so a little dissapointed especially seeing I paid a lot of money. Still - hopefully will be fixed quickly. I am expecting perfection with it which is probably highly optimistic!

2013 3.0d X3 M-sport Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather, Xenons, DIRAC Professional Sound sytem, Pro Nav, 19" Wheels, Tinted windows, Folding Mirrors, PDC, ASS, DAB Radio, Aluminium trim inc roof bars
Old 07-04-2013, 02:20 AM

All sorted - fixed it myself - there connector wasn't pushed in far enough on the passenger side rear light cluster. Popped it in and no probem. Didnt have to go to the dealer either. Should have checked it first, but with LED and Xenons didn;t want to touch it. Now realising that they are just normal bulbs - not a problem. Anyone know why they don't fit LED's - is it to keep the price down - for the price we pay we should have gold plated switchgear and a diamond encrusted steering wheel!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Not too many cars have LED backup lights.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:01 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 3.0d Msport
This is interesting, on the same side as yours (passenger side US = driver side UK) I had the light failure, in fact the bloody bulb looks to have gone :-/

I had a quick peek and saw that our German friends haven't made it easy to get in there. I took the side panel off but couldn't find a way in. Admittedly I didn't spend too much time (too cold out) so will have a better look soon. IN the meantime, any tips on getting to the light cluster, please don't tell me it's a dealer job. Paying them $$$ just to replace a bulb seems plain wrong!