Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 02-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i
Next nav update - 2015?

The sales rep just checked in with us after three month and we told him that the maps of the navigation system are outdated, somewhat severely, and his response was that our car which we got at the end of November last year had the most current map data and that another update was not to be expected before next January.

Is that how BMW rolls? There are not going to be updates in 2014?
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2014, 08:56 AM

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
They are wrong.

There are indeed 2014 maps.

See the following link:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896706

Easy to update yourself very inexpensively (but not free).
Old 03-04-2014, 05:40 PM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive28i 2014
You may wanna check your map version. Mine comes with 2014-2.

Sent from iPhone

Premium + Nav Pack | Bluetooth Audio Streaming | Video in Motion | Auto Mirror Fold/Unfold | Auto Door Unlock | Flashing Emergency Brake Light | Close Trunk w/ Button & Key Fob | Digital Speedometer | 30L/100km Fuel Meter | Gear Indicator in DS mode | M Starting Screen
Old 03-04-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwym View Post
You may wanna check your map version. Mine comes with 2014-2.
Sent from iPhone
I got the car in at the end of November last year and had 2013-2. Now, thanks to *shawnsheridan* over at the other English speaking X3 forum, I have 2014-2. Upgrade was cheap by comparison and really easy.

2014 X3 xDrive28i
Old 03-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Do not send private msg

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3
How to get the map update for free

I just downloaded and installed the 2014 map update for free. Here is what I did:
I went to pirate bay and searched for NORTH_AMERICA_PREMIUM_2014_1_SingleUSB and downloaded the maps. I went to the dealer and asked for the FSC code to upload the maps. I told them I bought the maps on eBay...so what?!
They gave me a sheet with the code on it.

Now you can load it to a >32Gb USB drive formatted in FAT32 and plug that into the USB port of the glove compartment and the rest is just waiting after inserting the FSC code.

I didn't have a USB thumb drive of over 4GB...so I came home and put the map files on an old 80Gb 3.5in hard drive I had after formatting it to FAT32. I used an adapter for the plug, which converts from USB to EIDE and then had to plug it in to an extension cord...and it worked like a champ! I had also tried to use a 126Gb SD card formatted in FAT32 with a USB adapter and for some reason it didn't work at all...

Cheers!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:02 AM

I'm as cheap as the next guy (or maybe not) but getting your maps from pirate bay? Seriously?

2014 X3 xDrive28i
Old 03-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Do not send private msg

yes

Yes, seriously. I bought my car with Maps, but they have a cow that keeps giving them free milk. So who is ripping off who? So ethical is a matter of perspective. You go pay retail and have BMW do your update while the Chinese get it for free. I also don't pay for MP3s and movies because I learned my lesson: All my old tapes, VHS, and now DVDs go obsolete while we keep paying for new media coming out. I have a tom tom collecting dust that also went obsolete. Anyways, I hope we don't start a debate on this thread as to what's ethical and what's not: Or I'll start the debate as to whether lobbyists should be allowed to influence our lawmakers. i.e: Corporations paying Congressmen and their families for trips to Vail. having said that, I respect your morals and keep it up because if no one pays retail I won't have non-retail maps to download

PS, my version of Windows 7...well...didn't come in a box.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Do not send private msg

Also, for all those of you who paid to get the update...did you really get the actual CD with the printed material? or did you take it to BMW? (only those two are legit methods) or a link to download the software? If you got the latter you've been had! You just paid for the same file I downloaded...and just as illegally...just didn't know it and made someone richer. Just saying...might as well buy the maps on eBay, along with the FSC code that is being sold on eBay for $40 by someone who works at BMW and makes some money under the table. Gotta love ethics...
Old 04-23-2014, 08:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 750li
Hello gerald325i,

Are you able to code a F02 2010 750li.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:25 AM

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald325i View Post
Also, for all those of you who paid to get the update...did you really get the actual CD with the printed material? or did you take it to BMW? (only those two are legit methods) or a link to download the software? If you got the latter you've been had! You just paid for the same file I downloaded...and just as illegally...just didn't know it and made someone richer. Just saying...might as well buy the maps on eBay, along with the FSC code that is being sold on eBay for $40 by someone who works at BMW and makes some money under the table. Gotta love ethics...
Getting something for free vs. incurring a reasonable cost for convenience and a dependable product is not such a terrible thing to many people including me. Not sure why your so seemingly obsessed with getting the upgrade for free.

I am certainly not willing to pay BMW $200+ for the very minimal gain of a yearly upgrade but downloading the files from a reasonably trusted source (in lieu of a very untrusted PiratesBay) and paying someone a very reasonable $50 (compared to the BMW cost) for the convenience of instantly getting the activation code was fine with me. After buying a $50K car I rerally would not feel I have any credibility complaining about $50. Also, why would I have any reason to care how much profit the seller is making as long as I am satisfied with the product and that person is giving me excellent customer service when I have a question or problem? I can assure you, I, as I think many others will do, will gladly pay $50 when the next upgrade is available because this has proven to be a dependable safe and convenient source with good customer service for a relatively inconsequential price. I think one has to be nuts to save a few dollars, take the risk of downloading a file from Pirates Bay, and have no one to talk to if there are any questions or problems.