Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 12-21-2013, 10:38 AM

Mein Auto: 1991 525 i BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussee View Post
hi i have a 1989 525i bmw the power lock,the windows,the sunroof,the seats and the radio stop working all together i checked the fuses but there fine can anyone help me out please
just fixed that prbliem on my 1991 525 i rt next to the battery there is a fusiable link open cover and check
Old 02-24-2014, 08:56 AM

Mein Auto:
Hi family I'm new to the BMW world only had my gorgeous 1995 525i for a few months!! I love my car only problem I see so far is the quickness from starting line,top end perfect what's the best way to add the zip I'm looking for!!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-05-2014, 01:32 AM

Mein Auto: 525i
brand new to BMW (ive owned vw/audi mostly) and I have numerous electrical issues (which im used to) that being said. its a manual and the fluid is BLACK and what ive read is to not change the fluid cause it destroys the trans. Im not sure if that true or not. the car has 270k on it and other than minor electrical issues like windows and a head light out it seems to be running strong. any advice to keep this running for another 100K? I feel like I got a good deal for 1200 and have hook ups on parts and what not, pretty much, whats are the defects mechanically and what should be the main thing to look for with engine issue?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: 525i
I'm also curious, any one with a list of do's and don't's with the e34?

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Nothin like an E34

Mein Auto: 95 540i B/B
That depends on you sir, what ever you feel you want to do to your E34 feel free, we may not like it, but in the end it is your car. Every now and then we can give hints of things to buy, from where, and when to do certain things to prevent major disasters.
This all depends on the depth of your wallet as well when deciding what to do to your ride.
We have E34's from bone stock, BMR_LVR, to drag car in the making, imae34driver. And everything in between.
And they all have a personality and most all look good they way they are, or once the intention is explained even the more, ugly cars look good.

Gotta love an E34!!
If you want to get junkyard parts remember one thing, if it was wrecked you know it was running/driving. You may not know how well, but it was.

READ THE STICKIES AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!!

STOMP TEST

READ ME IM THE BIBLE

FAN CLUTCH

LOCKS

ANGEL EYES

Audio

E28 v. E30 v. E34
Old 08-22-2014, 11:45 PM

Mein Auto: 1989 bmw 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio20 View Post
Yes sir that will be included where appropriate. I was referring to the thread's topic in my earlier reply. Most of what i intend to describe will be decidedly conventional which i would pretty much now do with any used car that i buy, regardless of make and manufacturer. Of course a few things could be entirely specific to the E34 - i don't have that much experience with any other vehicle to say otherwise.

The post will serve as a useful reminder, will at least alert people to the demands of owning an older vehicle, and will be checklisted for easy reference. At least i hope it turns out that way. And with such an extensive buildup, I'm sure it will be a disappointment.
Would be greatly appreciated, just bought a 1989 535i ... tia
1989 BMW 535i, E34, ~375,000 km, Auto, M30, 3.5L