Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E28 (1982 - 1988)

E28 (1982 - 1988)

Old 03-10-2014, 03:09 PM

Mein Auto: 1985 528e
1985 528e for adoption...what's it worth?

I have an '85 E28 that's been in the family since day 1 with 206K original kilometers (128K miles)...yes, I'm from the great white north. I've run out of room to store it (I have to make room for my wife's Honda CRV) and no time to enjoy this classic ride. Regretfully I must sell it but would like some feedback as to what a reasonable selling price should be. It's a 5 speed that's all original including the paint. I have the service records and even the original bill of sale from July 1985. Everything works including the A/C. It has a cloth interior that is in immaculate condition as the seats have always been covered. Original floor mats and even the spare tire. Has always been parked in a garage since day 1. Full synthetics for the tranny, diff and oil. Complete set of winter and summer tires/rims...summers (Michelin X) next to new have 7K miles on them. Alpine head unit but the original Blaupunkt cassette stereo is available.

Minor rust behind driver's front tire and by driver's door molding.

Photo of the bimmer from last summer attached.

Appreciate any member's feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1985 BMW 528e - 1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	427272  
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2014, 06:03 PM
catso

Mein Auto: 2000 323i, 1988 528e
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedmax View Post
I have an '85 E28 that's been in the family since day 1 with 206K original kilometers (128K miles)...yes, I'm from the great white north. I've run out of room to store it (I have to make room for my wife's Honda CRV) and no time to enjoy this classic ride. Regretfully I must sell it but would like some feedback as to what a reasonable selling price should be. It's a 5 speed that's all original including the paint. I have the service records and even the original bill of sale from July 1985. Everything works including the A/C. It has a cloth interior that is in immaculate condition as the seats have always been covered. Original floor mats and even the spare tire. Has always been parked in a garage since day 1. Full synthetics for the tranny, diff and oil. Complete set of winter and summer tires/rims...summers (Michelin X) next to new have 7K miles on them. Alpine head unit but the original Blaupunkt cassette stereo is available.

Minor rust behind driver's front tire and by driver's door molding.

Photo of the bimmer from last summer attached.

Appreciate any member's feedback.
It's really a very nice car, but your location gives you less potential buyers than someone in a big metropolitan area. Try asking $5000 and list in the various BMW forums. Many BMW enthusiasts would love to own one, especially since they are getting rarer all the time.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:02 PM

Mein Auto: 1985 528e
Thanks for the feedback. Just starting the process to list on various bimmer forums.