Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 convertible and E86 Z4 coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:43 PM

Mein Auto:
Is there an auxiliary plugin in the 06?

I would love to listen to my pandora through my stereo but can't find the auxiliary plug if there is one. It doesn't connect through my BT either.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ads by Google
Old 03-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 M Roadster Imola/Blk
07 was the first year to add aux-in. None stream BT(too new of tech for the E85/86). You can easily add an aux-in or you can get the new Soundplicity system from Bavsound which gives you BT streaming capability/aux in etc.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:00 AM
Bimmerless

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
07 was the first year to add aux-in. None stream BT(too new of tech for the E85/86). You can easily add an aux-in or you can get the new Soundplicity system from Bavsound which gives you BT streaming capability/aux in etc.
Any idea how this compares with the Audiovox MediaBridge?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 M Roadster Imola/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkle View Post
Any idea how this compares with the Audiovox MediaBridge?
I do not. I have the OEM iPOD integration and it is ok but has a hiss in my car. Many here do not like the DICE type units but this is the newest version.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Bimmerless

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe
So it seems that the Bavsound Soundplicity is the same as the Audiovox MediaBridge, which was the Dice. Most of the negative reviews of the Dice seem to be from several years ago. Perhaps they have it sorted. Amazon is filled with negative comments about the BT sound quality. But what people fail to realize, is that this is really a limitation of the Bluetooth standard (which simply doesn't have the bandwidth required), not the fault of the MediaBridge. If you want the best sound, you need to go with a wired connection, or maybe something like this
Old 03-16-2014, 08:08 PM

Mein Auto: '98 M Roadster
Aux in

If you don't need the ability to control the iPod or iPhone you can add a the Aux In jack to plugs into the factory head unit. I have a 06 MZ4 and the Aux In works fine. Only thing I've into was that you can't charge the iPod or iPhone and listen to the iPhone or iPod.

Adapter is a simple 20-30 minute install. I bought adapter from getbmwparts.com around $80.

Good Luck, Paul