Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Bimmerless

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe
New M Coupe owner

After a long time planning and waiting for the planets to align, I have my car, so I thought I'd gloat. It's a 2006 M Coupe with 40K, and a series of tasteful mods (19" BBS wheels, Suersprint exhaust, ECU flash resulting in 309 whp). These are pics the seller took. As soon as I get it detailed I'll take some of my own. I'm loving it so far, still getting used the the transmission & characteristics of the car. I plan to take it on a mountain jaunt tomorrow AM, and autocross it in the afternoon. It'll be a bit of an adjustment coming from a non-s Mini which you could pretty much floor coming out of most of the corners. Not so with the M Coupe, which I've discovered can easily break loose with too much throttle. I will certainly enjoy the pleasure of throttle induced oversteer, which I have missed so much in the 5 years that I've had front wheel drive.

Ads by Google
Old 03-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 M Roadster Imola/Blk
Nice looking car. Not sure you could realistically be getting 309 whp with that setup. Stock is around 280whp. Exhaust does essentially nothing and tuning isn't going to get more than 7-10hp. With euro headers too - maybe.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Bimmerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Nice looking car. Not sure you could realistically be getting 309 whp with that setup. Stock is around 280whp. Exhaust does essentially nothing and tuning isn't going to get more than 7-10hp. With euro headers too - maybe.
The previous owner says they got 305 (not 309) on the dyno after an Evotech ECU from Dynocomp. He says this car was for whatever reason, dyno-ing higher than other Z4 Ms with the flash (which usually provides 12-14whp). I believe he's being honest, but I guess the only way to tell would be to dyno it myself. I don't really care. It's fun to drive.

Last edited by funkle; 03-15-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4 coupe, Corrado
Nice looking car, great choice on the color.... The aero skits look good in IB, I need to add them to mine. I noticed it has a rear spoiler, do you know it's it the OEM carbon one? looking forward some additional pictures showing off that spoiler.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Bimmerless

The aero skirts, the spoiler. All mods I would have done. Only things I want to do are CVD delete and short ZHP shifter. I'll ask the seller where he got the spoiler.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:53 AM
your average JAMF

Mein Auto: '07 Z4MC,'05 330Ci ZHP
Suggestion for an awesome run through the hills: head down 280 to Woodside Road (California 84) in Redwood City. Head west, through the mountains to the coast. That's one of my favorite drives on the planet - there are a lot of big sweepers with great visibility, making it very safe to swing through at very fun but sane speeds. And the scenery is spectacular the whole way. Other good drives down that way are Skyline Blvd (California 35) and California 9, further south.

Car looks great, do post more pics when you can.. congrats.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Bimmerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Suggestion for an awesome run through the hills: head down 280 to Woodside Road (California 84) in Redwood City. Head west, through the mountains to the coast. That's one of my favorite drives on the planet - there are a lot of big sweepers with great visibility, making it very safe to swing through at very fun but sane speeds. And the scenery is spectacular the whole way. Other good drives down that way are Skyline Blvd (California 35) and California 9, further south.

Car looks great, do post more pics when you can.. congrats.
We did actually take 84 on Sun, at very fun speeds!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Z4 M coupe, F07 550i GT

Mein Auto: Z4MCoupe, 550 GT, 840Ci
Welcome and congrats!
(Though I'm sorry to see such a nice Z4 M Coupe leave Arizona. This car was at the BMWCCA get together last month)

now, about replacing that shifter knob...

Last edited by uter; 03-24-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Bimmerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by uter View Post
Welcome and congrats!
(Though I'm sorry to see such a nice Z4 M Coupe leave Arizona. This car was at the BMWCCA get together last month)

now, about replacing that shifter knob...
Cool. The previous owner is a really cool guy - we've become pretty good friends. Yes, I ordered floor mats and a ZHP shift knob the day I received it
Old 03-30-2014, 04:42 PM
your average JAMF

Mein Auto: '07 Z4MC,'05 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by uter View Post
Mine's not going anywhere.. one less IB Z4MC to worry about ever leaving the state.