Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 03-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 BMW 535xi Monaco blue
Vacuum leaks question/ no turbo boost

After searching and not satisfied with the results, I have found several vacuum leaks under
the hood and upon code reading showing a low vacuum, is this enough of a culprit for the
engine malfunction/ reduced power message?

Yes, there was a slight rattle on deceleration which may be the wastegate problem that has
been mentioned, but it was very slight and a long time before the problem occured. I took
it to the BMW dealer in Nashville and they got the 0030FF code, nothing else, but wanted to
keep the car and tear it down to get at it. I saw thousand dollar bills flying out of my pocket
at that point, and came home. They never mentioned hearing the vacuum leaks(I found
the first one in about ten seconds), but said they wanted to tear it down and see. I took
the car in primarily for the parking lights recall and the vacuum leaks was actually ancillary.
Anyone care to steer me in the right direction? I plan on fixing this one myself, even if it
means replacing both turbos, but I just don't see that being the problem, yet. I learned of the
8yr/82000 mile extension when the mileage was at 84000. Yep, a bummer.

I know from reading a lot of the threads that there were several problems concerning the turbos,
and I am wondering how many more will pop up? Right now, I'm pursuing the vacuum leaks until
there are none left. That's all I know to do with the lack of additional codes. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Locomotive; 03-22-2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: add
Ads by Google