Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 03-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
BMW Force Injection Booster – Driving slow never felt so fast.
Bernie@Bimmerfest
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by Bernie@Bimmerfest

”face altering”

BMW looks set to change the face of motoring with the introduction of a patented artificial G-force technology.

BMW’s new Force Injection Booster simulates the effects of spirited driving, even when commuting at slower speeds, to create a thrilling ride. When activated at speeds under 20mph, the Force Injection Booster (FIB) works by extracting kinetic energy from the car’s engine and converting it into positive g-forces. These are then channelled directly at the driver and passengers through the air conditioning vents, while a mild electric current is delivered through the front seats, to simulate the same exhilarating feeling of driving at high speed*.

This technology comes complete with the BMW AirNet®, the latest in hair protection technology, to ensure that occupant’s don’t have to compromise between personal style and driving performance.

Professor Mika Notbetrü, Head of BMW Innovation, describes FIB technology as “Mind-blowingly unbelievable”.

The Force Injection Booster will be available across the BMW range from 1 April, 2014. For more information on this optional feature please call 0800 093 6161 or email mika.notbetru@bmw.com.

*Face alteration is not permanent

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P90146203.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	431129  

Old 03-31-2014, 05:14 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Will a mod kit become available for installation on old tired Bimmers?
Old 03-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: 83' 323is, 07' MINI JCW+
I believe there will be a retrofit kit available by tomorrow afternoon. Seriously considering it for my 83' E30.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 540iA
This seems ridiculous to me. Do BMW engineers really have that much extra time on their hands? Isn't there something else they could do to improve the brand like, say, making a reliable cooling system, or sourcing better materials for gaskets so they don't leak, or bushings so they don't fail, or dashboard display pixels that don't disappear, or wiring looms that don't split, or headlight adjusters that last?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:45 PM
Z4 M coupe, F07 550i GT

Mein Auto: Z4MCoupe, 550 GT, 840Ci
This subtitled video from BMW explains the technology as it's utilized in the i3:

Old 04-01-2014, 06:01 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
uh, maybe April fools ?
Old 04-01-2014, 06:01 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
check the email link
Old 04-01-2014, 08:25 AM

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 740i
The joke would be funny if modern cars didn't already have features like fake engine sound through the speakers.