Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:20 PM

Mein Auto: X5 x-drive 30d
Question HUD settings not saving between drivers

Wondering if anyone else has an issue with the HUD display settings not saving in the key profile between drivers.

Ours randomly changes the height setting back to mid when hubby and I switch as drivers. We both like it high as we are tall and sit lower in the seats. We set it around 75-80% and the setting saves until the other person unlocks the car. Then it reverts back to 50%. Have tried saving it in profiles with no luck. All other settings seem fine IE steering wheel height, mirrors etc. and revert to our personal preferences.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 35d (F15)
More generally than just the HUD recalling properly, am having trouble just getting the driver 1 and 2 preset memory to recall for each respective driver. I set my settings as driver 2, using my key in the car only, then hold down the "M" button until it is illuminated red while also holding down my "2" button until the red light on the "M" button goes off. But the seats, mirrors, steering wheel level all do not "recall" if I change settings around and then push my "2" button again. Same challenge for my wife with the "1" button and her settings. Any advice? Tried holding "M" down to get it illuminated read FIRST, THEN holding down "2" to set up my memory settings - no luck. Any tips? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 MINI Cooper JCW
I am having problems with the HUD height being remembered between drivers as well. I have it set to 3 bars and it always goes back to the middle when I switch with my wife.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 xDrive 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winfield View Post
More generally than just the HUD recalling properly, am having trouble just getting the driver 1 and 2 preset memory to recall for each respective driver. I set my settings as driver 2, using my key in the car only, then hold down the "M" button until it is illuminated red while also holding down my "2" button until the red light on the "M" button goes off. But the seats, mirrors, steering wheel level all do not "recall" if I change settings around and then push my "2" button again. Same challenge for my wife with the "1" button and her settings. Any advice? Tried holding "M" down to get it illuminated read FIRST, THEN holding down "2" to set up my memory settings - no luck. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you are doing it right, other than when you say "hold down". To store the settings, I simply press the M button and release (don't hold). This makes the red light come on. Then I press and release a number button and the settings are now stored. Recalling the settings has 2 different modes. (Note I have comfort access so I don't know if that makes a difference). Immediately after opening the door and before sitting down and turning the car on, a single press of the numbered button will cause the seat to move to the correct position. If you do this after the ignition is switched on, then you have to press and hold the numbered button until the seat has finished all movement.
Hope this helps and yours works ok.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-30-2014, 09:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 35i
I'm having the same issue between two drivers. The HUD seems to save for me but my wife's setting gets lost when she drives.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 550GT, 2011 535I
same for me.
I guess I would have to take it to the dealer...
Old 04-01-2014, 09:17 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 550i 2012
Are you guys both using different keys? Each key has specific settings programmed into them.

Oops read your thread wrong. I have no idea sorry, ask dealership next time
You're in. Probably just a small software bug. Hope you figure it out soon!

Btw check idrive for options?

Last edited by Boss_John; 04-01-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 128i vert, '14 X5 35d
We're experiencing this issue with our X5 also - HUD does not remember the height setting, instead returning to mid-height rather than the last set.

Has anyone resolved this issue and, if so, how?
Old 05-18-2014, 07:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 x3 and 2011 335d
Same thing here.. Everything sticks but HUD settings

Built to order and picked up 7 days ago. So the issue has not been fixed yet. Other than that we are loving the vehicle.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:33 AM

Mein Auto: X5 50i
Count me in also as to having the problem. I contacted BMW and they said that they have not had any issues (of course) regarding this. I told them that was not the only one as there are plenty more of us out there. They will look into this. They did mention that it could need a system reboot (?). Not too thrilled about this.....
Old 05-27-2014, 12:02 PM

Mein Auto: 14 X5d Carbon Ivory
Same issue. only one profile is set in the car and used. Seems to reset itself to lower height setting after random times.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:43 PM

Mein Auto: X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanx5d View Post
Same issue. only one profile is set in the car and used. Seems to reset itself to lower height setting after random times.
Try just pushing the seat number profile that you have after you set your profile on the HUD. I works for me and a few others on here.