Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:19 PM

Mein Auto: 320i on order
6NR (Apps) missing in 03/2014 build with 609 (Navi)

Hi,

I just took delivery of my 2014 320i and overall it's great. Tonight I tried to use the Connected app on Android or iPhone and neither works. The Android phones aren't even recognized as media players and the Android app just says there's no connection. On iPhone 4s, it also doesn't connect, and if I start the self-diagnostic it just says it's been cancelled due to an error...

I checked my VIN on bmwarchive and it does list 609, 6AC, 6AE, 6AK, 6AM, 6AP and 6NS, but no 6NR. A little more digging looking up VINs before and after mind suggests that all the cars built on or before 2/25/2014 that list 609 DO have 6NR, but all the cars built on or after 2/27/2014 that have 609 do NOT list 6NR.

I've read in some other forum (for another model) that 6AK is now BMW Online and Apps and 6NR is not used anymore? My window sticker does list "BMW Online and BMW Apps Included".

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here, and/or what else I can do to debug?

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 04-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 & 328d F31
Have you registered the car with BMW assist? We took delivery last week of our 335i (with apps) and nothing worked until a) the service agreement signed at the dealership was transmitted to BMW Assist; b) we called BMW assist from in the car to activate the service; and c) about 12 hours later for the computers to update and send the activation codes back to the car.

If you haven't completed the above, none of the connected apps will work at all. They won't even appear in the menus.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:57 PM

Ah, that's probably it (I hope). When I called BMW Assist they said they hadn't received any information yet and they couldn't sign me up at that time because their network was undergoing maintenance...I'll check again and see if that solves it. Thank you!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:59 PM

We also had about a 24 hour delay from signing the papers to BMW assist actually getting record of this in their computers. In fact, we completed the online paperwork at the dealership on Thursday morning, called about noon on Thursday and was told it was taking up to 48 hours to receive the paperwork and to call back the next day. I did that on Friday afternoon, they had finally received the paperwork, and they activated the service. The apps didn't appear in-car on the menus until Saturday morning. Overall, it took over 48 hours to get through the whole process with our new car.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:35 PM

I called and BMW Assist confirmed that everything's set up, and still no "BMW Apps" menu...BMW Genius also couldn't think of anything other than "bring it to the dealer".

Just to confirm, did you also not have any "BMW Apps" entry in the "ConnectedDrive" menu at first, and then later it just showed up after a day or two, no matter whether you have a phone plugged in or not?

I do have "BMW Online" and it is working, I can send information from Google Maps and it shows up in the vehicle, just no "BMW Apps" menu, and the phone always claims no connection.

Thanks again for your input!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:35 PM

Yes, to confirm. I did NOT have the BMW Apps entry in the connected drive menu until the car was coded via BMW Assist. I also didn't have any of the other connected services, either (such as "BMW Online Widgets" in the second display). They all showed up at once for me. Seems a bit strange, indeed, that you're getting BMW Online, but no BMW Apps. Hopefully, the dealer can sort that out for you.