Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 04-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
We are Live at the 2014 New York International Auto Show! Get Your Photo Fix!

pix335i
Enthusiast

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by pix335i

BMW at the 2014 New York International Auto Show

We are live on the first press day of the 2014 New York International Auto Show and that means we get our first chance to see some world (and US) debuts of some great new BMWs. Here are the big debuts and links to information and photos about them.

2015 BMW M4 Convertible

2015 BMW M4 Convertible

The all-new BMW M4 Convertible arrives in US showrooms late this summer to join the M4 Coupe and M3 Sedan. The 2015 BMW M4 Convertible is powered by the same BMW M TwinPower Turbo 3.0-liter inline-six as its siblings. The engine produces 425 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque and can be mated to either a 6-speed manual or 7-speed M-DCT transmission.

The 2015 BMW M4 Convertible Highlights:
  • World Debut at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
  • Three-piece retractable hardtop can be opened or closed in 20 seconds with operation available up to 11 miles per hour
  • 3.0-liter inline-six producing 425 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque
  • Available in 6-speed manual or 7-speed DCT transmission
  • 0 to 60 in the 6 speed in 4.4 seconds and 4.2 seconds if you opt for the DCT transmission
  • Arrives in showrooms this September, just in time for fall motoring
  • Pricing starts at $73,425 (source CarScoops)

NYIAS Gallery - BMW M4 Convertible Makes it's North American Debut

Read more about the 2015 BMW M4 Convertible

See more photos of the 2015 BMW M4 Convertible

2015 BMW X4

2015 BMW X4

The all-new BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe offers a new dimension of the mid-sized premium Sports Activity Vehicle. Like the X6 before it, the BMW X4 combines the performance and capability of a premium Sports Activity Vehicle, with the style and elegance of traditional coupe. In the US, the X4 will be offered with a choice of two TwinPower Turbo engines. The X4 xDrive28i, with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $45,625 (including destination and handling), will feature BMW's award-winning 240 horsepower 2.0-liter four cylinder while the top-of-line X4 xDrive35i, with an MSRP of $48,925 (including destination and handling) will feature BMW's venerable 300 horsepower 3.0-liter inline six. Both models include an 8-speed Steptronic sport automatic transmission with shift paddles as well as xDrive, BMW's intelligent all-wheel drive system.

2015 BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe Highlights:
  • Built at the BMW factory in Spartanburg, South Carolina alongside the BMW X3, BMW X5 and BMW X6
  • World debut at the 2014 New York International Auto Show in April
  • The BMW X4 xDrive28i comes with BMW's N20 2.0-liter four cylinder producing 240 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque with a starting price of $45,625 (including destination and handling)
  • The BMW X4 xDrive35i comes with BMW's N55 3.0-liter inline six cylinder producing 300 horsepower and 300 lb-ft of torque starting $48,925 (including destination and handling)
  • BMW X4 sits 1.5 inches lower than the BMW X3 and features a coupe-like roofline
  • Available with M Sport package or xLine at launch for extra styling
  • Goes on sale at your local BMW dealer this spring

NYIAS Gallery - The 2015 BMW X4 Gets Introduced in New York

Read more about the 2015 BMW X4

See more photos of the 2015 BMW X4

2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe

2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe

The new BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe combines the sleek look and sporty character of the 4 Series Coupe with the functionality provided by four-doors with a spacious, flexible luggage compartment. The 2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe arrives in the US in early summer of 2014 with two engine choices. The 428i Gran Coupe will feature BMW's award-winning 240hp TwinPower Turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder while the 435i Gran Coupe will be powered by the much-lauded 300hp TwinPower Turbo 3.0-liter inline six. The 428i xDrive Gran Coupe will also be available at launch with BMW's intelligent all-wheel drive system. All versions will be offered in the US with an 8-speed sport automatic transmission. The BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe will make its world debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2014 and makes its US debut at the New York International Auto Show in April 2014.

Prices in the US will start at a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $41,225 (including $925 destination & handling) for the 428i Gran Coupe. The 428i xDrive Gran Coupe will have an MSRP of $43,225, including destination & handling while the top-of-the-line 435i Gran Coupe will have an MSRP of $46,725, again, including destination & handling.

Highlights of the All-New 2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe
  • Available at launch as a 428i ($41,225), 428i xDrive ($43,225) and 435i ($46,725). All prices include $925 destination and handling.
  • Roofline of the Gran Coupe is 4.4" longer, slopes gently to the rear and the silhouette is half an inch higher for additional headroom
  • 2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe and 428i xDrive Gran Coupe is powered by BMW's 240hp TwinPower Turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder motor
  • 2015 BMW 435i Gran Coupe is powered by BMW's 300hp TwinPower Turbo 3.0-liter inline six
  • First public showing is at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2014
  • First United States showing is at the New York Auto Show in April 2014
  • The all-new 2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe arrives in US showrooms in early summer.

NYIAS Gallery - BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Makes New York Debut

Read more about the 2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe

See more photos of the 2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe

2015 BMW X3 Life Cycle Impulse (LCI)

2015 BMW X3 xDrive28d

The BMW X3 Life Cycle Impulse (LCI) refreshes the design and engine offerings of the already successful F25 X3. A new offer of BMW Advanced Diesel power in the X3 xDrive28d will enhance efficiency while further reducing emissions. There will also be the first-time offer of the rear-wheel drive BMW X3 sDrive28i for the US market, providing a great consumer entry point into the X3 family. The exterior and interior design of the new BMW X3 receive stylistic revisions that add further depth to the vehicle's practicality, while updates to other details promise to impress the X3 customer. The new BMW X3 will go on sale in spring 2014 as a 2015 model. Prices in the US will tart at a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $39,325 for the X3 sDrive28i (new offer: rearwheel drive). The X3 xDrive28i (with BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive) will have an MSRP of $40,725, while the top-of-the-line X3 xDrive35i will have an MSRP of $45,825. The all-new X3 xDrive28d with BMW Advanced Diesel technology will start at $42,825. All prices include $925 Destination & Handling fee.

NYIAS Gallery - BMW Adds Diesel to the X3 Lineup with the xDrive28d

Read more about the 2015 BMW X3 Life Cycle Impulse (LCI)

See more photos of the 2015 BMW X3 Life Cycle Impulse (LCI)

2015 BMW Concept X5 eDrive

2015 BMW Concept X5 eDrive

The BMW Concept X5 eDrive fuses the the familiar driving pleasure generated by the X5 xDrive with a plug-in hybrid drive system. A conventional combustion engine, the N20 4 cylinder, works together in with cutting-edge BMW eDrive technology to produce hallmark sporty drive coupled with a significant reduction in fuel consumption, making it an impressive example of the effectiveness of the BMW EfficientDynamics development strategy. As a result, the x5 eDrive is able to drive on electric power alone at speeds of up to 75 mph and for a distance of up to 20 miles (approx), while recording average fuel consumption figures of 62+ MPG (converted from EU test cycle).

NYIAS Gallery - BMW Concept X5 eDrive at the 2014 NYIAS

Driving review: BMW X5 eDrive - Fully functional green SUV

Read more about the 2015 BMW Concept X5 eDrive

See more photos of the 2015 BMW Concept X5 eDrive

2015 BMW ALPINA B6 xDrive Gran Coupe

2015 BMW Alpina B6 xDrive Gran Coupe

The B6 Gran Coupe body is manufactured in the BMW 6 Series factory (Plant Dingolfing) and hand finished with select ALPINA powertrain components and interior equipment at the ALPINA factory in Buchloe, Germany. The BMW ALPINA B6 Gran Coupe is available as a special order vehicle with capacity-limited production. European Delivery at the BMW Welt delivery center in Munich is available for the BMW ALPINA B6 Gran Coupe as is delivery at the BMW Performance Center in South Carolina. Customers can even choose both, if they wish.

The BMW ALPINA B6 Gran Coupe delivers exceptional 0 to 60 mph acceleration in only 3.7 seconds. The 540-horsepower and 540 lb-ft output of the 4.4-liter ALPINA Bi-Turbo V8 is channeled through an 8 speed Sport Automatic Transmission with ALPINA Switch-Tronic and BMW's xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive system.

NYIAS Gallery - The Alpina B6 makes a New York Auto Show Debut

Read more about the 2015 ALPINA B6 xDrive Gran Coupe

BMW 228i Gets Track Handling Package

2015 BMW 228i with Track Handling Package

The BMW 228i just recently went on sale and BMW has already started refining the packaging of the car to include a Track Handling package that includes the Adaptive M Suspension, BMW Variable Sport Steering, M Sport Brakes and a set of Ultra-high performance, non-run-flat Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires paired with 18" sport wheels. The Track Handling package will be available from July 2014 production forward and as a 2015 model.

NYIAS Gallery - BMW Adds Track Handling Package to the 228i

Read more about the 228i Track Handling Package

Everything Else from BMW at their Booth

2015 BMW Alpina B6 xDrive Gran Coupe

BMW may have debuted a bunch of new cars at the New York International Auto Show but they also brought out some additional cars that are still very exciting. Take a look through the gallery and see other cars from BMW including the BMW i8, BMW i3, BMW 750Li xDrive, BMW 328d xDrive and more.

NYIAS Gallery - Everything else BMW at the 2014 New York Auto Show

Last edited by pix335i; 04-17-2014 at 12:24 PM..
This article has been viewed 2608 times.
More about We are Live at the 2014 New York International Auto Show! Get Your Photo Fix!

2014-nyias-bmw-booth 12014-nyias-bmw-booth 22014-nyias-bmw-booth 32014-nyias-bmw-booth 42014-nyias-bmw-booth 52014-nyias-bmw-booth 62014-nyias-bmw-booth 72014-nyias-bmw-booth 82014-nyias-bmw-booth 92014-nyias-bmw-booth 10