Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 5 Series 330d GT
Dealer canít get internet to work on new car

After my 3'rd visit to the dealer they have had to go back again to tech support as they canít get the internet to work on my car. They have managed to connect the phone via cable and Bluetooth and the system sees a data connection. They update the services and internet appears but will not bring up a web page. Just says page not available.

I must add I was almost blown over when not one but 2 sales people said most don't bother as itís so slow and you wonít use it once you get it. I was gobsmacked at the idea they knew what I wanted out of my car. The level of knowledge was appalling from the dealership.

I had a separate salesman try and tell me it would not work as I did not purchase the right options that are needed for cars post April 2014. Mine was Jan 2014 and needs no purchased options as it is internet ready.

Anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it?

We have tried Apple and Samsung phones.

After all this is done I hope the apps appear and I can send maps to the dam thing.
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Maybe it's terminology. You will never be able to send maps. All you do is send destinations. One at a time as messages.

What happens when you use the speech recognition system and say "Online search"? That asked you for what to search for and then does a google search under the covers using the car's 3G internet connectionÖ. nothing to do with your phone.

To use BMW Connected Apps, you have to be connected via the USB port and then bring up the BMW connected app. Make sure your phone does not go to it's locked state (it's a setting).