Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:54 AM

Mein Auto: x
F07 vs F11

Greetings,

im considering buying my first BMW and cant decide what model should i buy both would be ordered with same options only diffrence would be some minor cosmetic choices but heres the problem F07 is only 1000 more than f11 and both will be 535i, witch one would you take and reasons why?

im fine with how F07 looks so can we avoid answers like: choose F11 because F07 is ugly.

lovec1990
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2014, 09:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 550i GT
Having had quite a bit of seat time in both, I think that the F07 outclasses the F11 by a decent margin. However, If you value compactness, a bit sportier ride, and maximizing resale value, the F11 may be the better choice.

If you want luxury, room, and practicality, the F07 is the clear choice. With the adaptive drive suspension and integral active steering options, the difference in handling would be hard to notice except in very aggressive driving.

If you're buying a used car, so that depreciation isn't a real factor, then the F07 is the clear choice again as you'll get much more for your money.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
The GT is a much bigger car and has more presence. Being bigger, it may be an issue, but if you regularly carry people in the back, they'll appreciate the GT verses the sedan.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Until 2014, there were plenty of features for the F07 that you could not get on the F10. The double sized sun roof was one of them. But to make the F10 competitive, the gap closed with the 2014 LCI models.

That said, interior size and trunk related differences are still there. The longer wheelbase of the F07 means more legroom, hip room and headroom for all passengers. The comfortability (lack of) for rear seat passengers is one of the most complained about things of the F10 (as I read the F10 forum).

The shapes of the F11 vs F07 is another thing that doesn't change. If you need the shape of the Touring cargo space or roof rack capability, that says the touring is better for you. I love how the security panels of the F07 hatch all breaks down and stores neatly under the floor. Still, tall large boxes require a seat to be folded down on the F07 that maybe doesn't on the Touring. At my age and stage of life, I was tired of driving an SUV with it's "big empty box" in the back of the cabin. The F07 is a very quiet and tight interior space that cruises wonderfully through rough weather. I'm sure even though it's a BMW, the Touring is pretty noisy in that big cabin. Your test drive may not be able to demonstrate that. YMMV

Here is an exhaustive article about the F07

http://www.bmwheaven.com/index.php/5...009-?showall=1

Last edited by ErnestHouse; 05-07-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:54 AM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
I would say it depends on the frequency with which you haul items, kids and pets versus taking road trips and fun rides. The F11 is more utilitarian with a classic BMW ride (speculation since we can not test drive an F07 here in the states) while the F07 places more emphasis on luxury accents. Having owned an E39 touring, we more than likely would have wound up with an F11 over the F07 if we had the option of F11 in USA. Our E39 was more pet friendly and easier to arrange multiple oversized objects due to the non "hunchback" design.

That being said the F07 is miles apart in interior fit and finish, the ride height provides a commanding view of the road without sacrificing the sedan feel and the quality of ride befits the target of this vehicle. Simply put, we love the F07 and have no regrets in purchasing this vehicle.