Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:30 AM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
Tci

Had to run away from the 50-60 degree lows, who knew there were beaches that actually looked like this?! And rum punch is pretty good on the islands. Sorry Fish, hope you are out of the snow by now...

Click image for larger version

Name:	TCI-sunset_beach_sunny_day1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	436022
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1325.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	436023

Last edited by daders; 04-27-2014 at 04:33 AM. Reason: No idea why second photo is not upgright...doesn't appear that way on phone or computer????
Old 04-27-2014, 05:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 535xi GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by daders View Post
Had to run away from the 50-60 degree lows, who knew there were beaches that actually looked like this?! And rum punch is pretty good on the islands. Sorry Fish, hope you are out of the snow by now...

Attachment 436022

Attachment 436023

So the Bimmerfest notification for your post arrives on my iPhone and the words "escape the 50-60 lows" leap out at me. I had just returned from walking the dogs in 40 degree weather and we will be lucky to reach the 50s as a HIGH today. The snow is gone. the winter wheels changed out on my GT but the warmth has yet to arrive. The outlook for the next two weeks calls for high temps in the very range that you have fled as lows.

That said, no need to apologize. While I am envious I know how those here feel when we flee for our annual February Carribbean cruise. I am not sure where you are but it probably doesn't matter as long as the air is warm, the water is light blue and the food and drink are good.
Enjoy! (At least you can't commit any GT transgressions while you are there)

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-27-2014, 08:55 AM
There is no spoon

I guess I actually did retain something from that advertising and marketing class! The location was in the post title (TCI - Turks and Caicos Islands). We had planned to go a few weeks prior but a work conflict unfortunately reared its ugly head. Makes the time off that much more appreciated though. Some amazing snorkeling and beaches...a perfect seaside vegetation vacation (I mean our state, not the foliage). We highly recommended going btw. Actually was quite pleased to see a large number of families with children (teens to toddlers).

Last edited by daders; 04-27-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:08 PM

Didn't see the Tci on my iPhone. It doesn't show.

Interestingly, every 4-5 years the suggestion to make those islands a protectorate (of sorts) of Canada re-surfaces. I would volunteer to help 'set things up' but it never seems to get enough traction despite the dreams of many Canadians of what you showed in your pictures.

Vegetate away. Sounds like you earned it.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:02 PM
There is no spoon

One of my favorite TV commercials...actually it's somewhat appropriate for a German car forum:

Old 05-14-2014, 10:48 AM
There is no spoon

@ladgurie: pics not visible!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:56 PM
There is no spoon

So last week I was washing the GT (like to get it done early morning before sun causes water spots) and had the sedan on the street with the trash cans near it (between 3-5') as it was trash day. We have the city provided cans so they have the mechanical arm that does all the work. Anyway, the guy gets out, looks at me, and says, "Don't put the can so close to the car." Meanwhile, unlike many, I separate the cans so each (recycling vs trash) can get their respective receptacle.

I look at him, give him a nod and thought, "Wow, nice, now I'm getting admonished by a guy who sits in a truck and drives from house to house." So this week I put the cans further from the car (5-10') and this week I come home to having them blocking my driveway whilst everyone else's is not.

Obviously this shouldn't be an issue however I dislike when some guy appears to be upset and singling me out while I'm not the only one being a thorn in his side... So I will give this guy another chance next week by putting them further away and if they're back in front of my driveway he will getting out of his truck to move the can...
Old 05-24-2014, 01:42 PM
There is no spoon

Saw a bumper sticker the other day that made me laugh.

We Romost Won
Go Cowboys!!

Old 05-30-2014, 08:43 PM
There is no spoon

Well it finally happened; I guess it was just a matter of time really.

The wife came home in a bad mood (that's not the part I'm referencing, although....I kid of course!). She got a speeding ticket and failure to change address on her DL, again regarding the latter. Turns out he clocked her at 50 in a 35 (about .75mi from the house no less), no warning (guess he doesn't like pretty female BMW drivers), no reduction of speed (or so she claims), go directly to jail do not pass go do not collect $200. Which, by the way, with court costs the ticket was just north of $300. But the judge knocked it down to $240...he must have gotten a good lease deal on his Cadillac ;-)

I asked her if she had the radar detector up, her response, "No, because I wasn't speeding." Uhhhhhh, schmoopsie, there is evidence to the contrary in your hand.

So apparently she has to drive slowly the next 90 days in order to avoid further probationary penalties. I tried to make a play for driving privileges...not happening,

Old 05-31-2014, 04:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive GT
LMAO Daders .... a great tale ... indeed a classic ...
Old 06-01-2014, 09:15 AM

I too laughed at this latest tale from daders. A bit cold of the cop to show no mercy at all. I take it the defense of "But officer, it is my BMW. They all go faster than it seems at any speed. It felt like 30, honestly" was not tried. My wife and I will try that the first time we are pulled over for speeding'(with likely the same tesult)

I have admire the lengths to which daders tries to obtain more time behind the wheel of his schmoopsie's GT, (great term of endearment - a new one for me) so far, to little avail. Full marks for trying but the real solution may ultimately lie in a GT of his own.

One last point, I read this latest tale to my better half and, somewhat expectedly, got the spousal 'eye roll' (with which daders is, too, very familiar).

(Typed and sent from the shade of a parking garage on a sunny72F day where I am sitting in my GT (windows down, of course) listening to my collection of MP3 player songs through the great (upgraded) sound system while my "schmoopsie" does some shopping.)

Sent from BimmerApp mobile appo