Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE

BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE
Are you excited about the upcoming BMW i3 or i8? Interested in learning more about the BMW ActiveE? This is the place for you!

Old 06-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335D MSport
drove i3 - lease doesn't make sense

I finally drove the i3 today. Fun car. Initial acceleration is impressive. Freeway acceleration not so much. I like the car, but it is not a "home run" by any means.

The most disappointing part was how it handled. It just felt "top heavy", even though its so light. It had much more roll than I expected for a BMW. Still better experience than anything else out there, other than Tesla.

I was ready to buy it, but the lease numbers just don't make sense!

BMW - WIN
BMWFS - FAIL
2000' 328ci MT TIAG/Blk/Alum | 1986' 325es MT | 1981' 528i MT
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Pop Lock Drop

Mein Auto: E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bredi View Post
I finally drove the i3 today. Fun car. Initial acceleration is impressive. Freeway acceleration not so much. I like the car, but it is not a "home run" by any means.

The most disappointing part was how it handled. It just felt "top heavy", even though its so light. It had much more roll than I expected for a BMW. Still better experience than anything else out there, other than Tesla.

I was ready to buy it, but the lease numbers just don't make sense!

BMW - WIN
BMWFS - FAIL
I was in the same boat...Lease #'s suck. However, I've decided to just finance instead and take advantage of the Fed Credit and CA Rebate.

Financial institutions like Chase is offering 2% financing rates (better than BMWFS's 2.99%).

2013 F10 535i M-Sport - DGM II
Mods: 3D Design Front Lip & Rear Diffuser | Megan Exhaust & Coilover | 20" RSV MS8 | M5 Sway Bar | BMW Perf CF Spoiler & Black Grills | IND Cosmetic Pkg