Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:47 PM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
Rear Cargo Cover Part # ?

Can someone post a few pictures of their cargo cover both installed and removed (front view, rear view, and underside)? When we received our GT it didn't have one and I finally received a piece from the dealer after trying to figure out the part # with Parts Dept only to discover we had the wrong piece. Turns out the part ordered (Rear Parcel Shelf) is the piece that attaches to the hatch and I need the part and part # for the piece that lifts out and hides in the floor storage area when the seats are down. Best I can determine is it should be #18 here: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...67&hg=51&fg=60 however there is no 18 in the item list.

HELP!!! I thought we finally had this resolved after 3 months...the joys of dealing with this long distance.

Last edited by daders; 11-23-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Is this what you are looking for? http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...58&hg=51&fg=40
Old 11-23-2013, 05:47 AM
There is no spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
It makes sense now that I have the Rear Parcel Shelf in hand...this is why I was asking for pictures so the correct part is ordered since I don't have the actual piece to compare. Can you tell me if it looks like yours? The description makes sense, but when I went to the parts department locally the verbiage of front parcel shelf confused the guy (and me too) into thinking it was something placed in the front of the passenger compartment. Again, if I had pictures showing the part it would be helpful, also it looks like I would need to have all 5 pieces ordered for it to be complete...this is where detailed photos (uninstalled: underside, top front, top rear, I remembered seeing an installed picture Ernest posted in another thread so I can use that) would help immensely for my own personal verification and also so I can provide them to the Parts Department for another set of eyes to double check.

Clearly an architect/CAD drawing reader I am not, but in our E39 wagon the part (granted not same design, but similar purpose) was called either a cargo cover or privacy cover and thus my confusion and the reason I'm asking for help with some more detailed photos.

Last edited by daders; 11-23-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:15 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535xi GT
Rear Cargo Cover Part # ?

How did that shelf not come with your GT? Did a previous owner break, or keep, it?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-23-2013, 12:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Is this what you are asking for?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010038parcelshelf2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	408992   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010039parcelshelf1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	408993  
Old 11-23-2013, 01:33 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535xi GT
That is what I had in mind for my question. It is not an accessory. It is supposed to be part of the car on delivery.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:32 PM
There is no spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish23 View Post
That is what I had in mind for my question. It is not an accessory. It is supposed to be part of the car on delivery.
I agree and called immediately after discovering it missing. The dealership has promised that it will be provided. I had been patiently waiting until word that BMW fixed their parts inventory issues. I even tried being proactive by identifying the part with the local parts department since I had felt feet were dragging where I purchased the vehicle however, as you can tell, the wrong part was identified. I also asked the CA who I purchased through to verify it was correct piece before ordering, but having a vehicle that is unfamiliar to most has proven to be a learning curve for everyone involved.

Thanks Ernest that's what I was requesting! Would you be able to take a photo of it removed and upside down?

Jad, I went to the dealership this AM and had them look this up on their system. It showed the shelf, a second piece that fits on top of the main piece, two handles on the other side and 9 screws needed to be ordered for the vehicle. Which is why I am requesting a pic of the underside of this piece.
It seems odd to me that they would make this as two separate pieces to be purchased, can anyone confirm (item 3 on the page Jad linked in post above)?

Last edited by daders; 11-25-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:35 PM

There's a small section that moves with the hatch, and the whole assembly in that diagram is the removable parcel shelf (aka - trunk cover)...it will also fit underneath the floor in the compartment closest to the seats if you take it out. THey call those the front (removable) and rear (fixed) parcel shelves. Just back up a level in the parts breakdown, and you should see it. Search for trunk cover in your user's manual.

There should be four studs sticking out from the side supports that the trunk cover locks into, unless they took those out, too, for some reason.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:43 PM
There is no spoon

Yes, I currently have two of the rear pieces and know all about how they attach to the hatch, lol! I was asking about the front piece having two separate parts, as per the diagram. I'm curious if you can tell it is two pieces as it does not appear noticeable from Ernest's photos. I'm also baffled why it would be sold in this fashion, it reminds me of Ikea furniture.

As for searching trunk cover in the manual, that was how I began this whole process and have progressed from calling it a trunk cover -> privacy panel -> luggage compartment thing that stores in the floor when seats are down -> rear parcel shelf -> and now...front parcel shelf. All in my attempts to explain and obtain this piece. Fortunately, yes, the bolts are still there. I'm frankly baffled how: a) one would not remember this piece upon resale/return of the vehicle and b) how this was missed by whomever was accepting the vehicle.

But that really doesn't matter and I had purchased this vehicle with only having a PPI performed by an Indy, and I can't imagine any having seen these vehicles as they're not out of warranty at the time of inspection (late July 2013).

Last edited by daders; 11-23-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:17 PM

Few assemblies in the vehicle come complete as replacement parts...you want all the pieces...this is a parts list, showing the component pieces. If it was an accessory, it would come as a 'complete' piece, but that is a replacement parts list, so it shows the component pieces. So, you need all the pieces, including the screws to put it all together.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Here you go. Remember, these are photos of the 2014 version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010040parcelshelf4.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	409090   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010041parcelshelf3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	409091  
Old 11-24-2013, 10:25 AM
There is no spoon

Perfect, tyvm Ernest! Duly noted.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:33 AM
There is no spoon

Talking Yippeee!!! Parcel Shelf received!

Revival of an old thread...

Great news, apparently yesterday a box was left at our doorstep and it was our parcel shelf from the dealer in NC!!! Discovered it this morning and was so happy that I forgot everything else (including letting the dog out for his morning ritual...of course the dog forgot about his ritual and helped me "open" the box by sniffing and licking on it, as per usual protocol) and ripped open the box like it was XMas am! Best part is the wife is super happy so I wrote a thank you email to our CA and have one more reason to return to purchase from Performance BMW.

Man did it take forever for Germany to get the part as the CA ordered this thing shortly after the New Year.