Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)

F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)
F12 / F13 BMW M6 and F06 M6 Gran Coupe Forum.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: vw
2014 M6 GC or M5

My lease on 2012 X5 50i gets over in a couple of months. Prior to that I had a 2007 530i. I have been in the BMW family for 8 years now and would like to continue the same. However, I am looking for something difference - an exciting and special/cool ride. In my area (Seattle), there are far too many 3s, 5s, 7s, X5s, X3s, several Mercedes/Lexus and few Porsche models. As a result, the current (and past) vehicle doesn’t feel special.

Thus, I am seriously considering the 6 GC – I hardly see them on the roads. And the M6 GC to make it more fun. There are many things I like and some not as much.

Pros:

- Looks very aggressive from both font and back! Sits low. For a change, the rear end of 6 looks cool – it is wider and lower than a 5
- Drives extremely well and feels like a sports car. Over the weekend I drove a fully loaded M6 GC and I am still excited by the feel of the ride ***61514;
- Shakir orange and Blue colors are very nice
- It has the cool factor that very few cars have. I know that’s a very subjective assessment

Cons

- We don’t get much sun here in Seattle. I enjoy the panoramic glass roof on my X5. However, the 6 has carbon roof – meaning no glass roof and the interior looks dark
- Much pricier than M5. For lease, it will make couple of hundred difference/month. I can swing it but I feel like BMW is charging too much extra for a different form factor
- Rear room is a slight con but it will be used primarily by kid

I would love to hear feedback and your thought process when you decided to get the M6 GC.
Also, did you consider M5 – what made you decide for M6?

Retired Nov 11 - 2007 530i, Sport, Premium, Step, Nav, Logic7, HD radio, PDC, Heated Seats
ED Pickup: 10th Aug 06, Dropoff: 22nd Aug 06, Redelivery: 15th Oct 06
ED Writeup
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2014, 11:09 PM

Mein Auto: '13 550i
The GC seems impractical because I have on more than a few occasions needed to carry 5. So I went with the M5 as my next car, considering I have a 550 already I don't want to downsize to a M3.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2013650gc, m6 coupe
Agree, GC is not practical, not that sporty comparing with regular coupe and not spacious as 5 which has the same wheelbase either, I would rather go for a m3, m4, if more money go for coupe m6, or a regular xdrive x5, 7 for family.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to diononiz
Mein Auto: Silverstone 3M
I like the looks much better on the M6 grand coupe. if you aren't a car fan the m5 is hard to tell apart from a 5 m sport. Compared to the m5, the m6 grand coupe feels more planted and the steering felt better. The interior looks to my eyes much better with a more upscale look. You do sacrifice some space in the rear but I feel you more than make up for it with a better looking car inside and out and one that I felt drove better

2014 M6 GC Black / Black Dinan S1 (tune, CAI, exhaust and coilovers)
2011 X5 3.5d Silver / Black

2011 MB E63 (gone)
2009 M3 Cab (gone)
2008 535i (gone)

Last edited by diononiz; 03-28-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 M6 GC CP
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by diononiz View Post
I like the looks much better on the M6 grand coupe. if you aren't a car fan the m5 is hard to tell apart from a 5 m sport. Compared to the m5, the m6 grand coupe feels more planted and the steering felt better. The interior looks to my eyes much better with a more upscale look. You do sacrifice some space in the rear but I feel you more than make up for it with a better looking car inside and out and one that I felt drove better
Totally agree, I have the LCI M5 and i am trading it for the M6 GC comp pack, much better drive and no real massive cost to change.
I got £34K+ off the list price here in the UK, this brings it almost M5 Money and the CP thrown in, no brainer not to have one.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:17 AM

Mein Auto: 650i grand coupe
Had a 2014 go with the m sport package. Hatedit drove it 4700 miles in 11 month. Drivers seat was hard and could not get comfortable. Just traded 2 weeks ago for m5. Already have 900 miles and will try to get the other beak in miles this weekend. I know you are looking at a go m and I only had a 650i but I would not get one until I took it out and drove it for an hour, If I had, I could have saved a lot of money as I am thrilled with my m5. Gc also hard to see out of and just not fun to drive as the M5. This is my personal opinion. I am old 68, buy love hquality fast cars. I have had a 06 and 08 m5. S shelby gt500's. Several 7 series and the go. M5 is the best of both worlds from bmw.
Mike