Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 06-28-2014, 01:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 M3 CV
New BMW M3 2001 owner here, advice

So we just picked up a nice used 69k miles M3 convertible.
There is no way to know what factory service has been done to it in the last couple years.
Does any BMW dealer have access to records for cars from other states?

Assuming it has 69k miles and the last 5000 were previous owner who just changed oil, what maintenance items should I be concerned about right now?

I really dig this car and I sure hope my wife lets me drive it some day.

AND I just spent the better part of the afternoon figuring out the stereo.
Someone cut out the factory amp. Tapped the front speaker feed under the rear seat, ran it to an EQ up front underdash, then ran 3 coax channels to the rear to a Rockford amp. Then they ran the speaker wires back to under the rear seat and tapped into the door and rear speakers. The footwell and subwoofer are not even hooked up and the EQ is missing two channels.
What a cluster. Time for a nice head unit and a rewire.

Thanks for replies, in advance
R

Last edited by marked man; 06-28-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Advertisement