Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE

BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE
Are you excited about the upcoming BMW i3 or i8? Interested in learning more about the BMW ActiveE? This is the place for you!

Old 06-29-2014, 02:04 AM
i3 Driver

Mein Auto: BMW i3
Using ConnectedDrive and i3 Remote app

I am having a frustrating time understanding what I can and cannot do with BMW apps.

1. I tried to register my new i3 at the connected drive web site (which oddly only gave Mexico as a North American country to choose (HUH?)) and it said based on the last seven digits of my VIN that I couldn't do it.

2. I downloaded the i3 remote app onto my iphone but don't know how to get a userid and pw to log into it.

3. I read that certain iPhone/BMW interfaces are only available to "electronauts" who were in on the pilot phase of the vehicle. Does this mean I cannot use the i3 remote app at all?

What I want more than anything else is to be able to monitor charging progress remotely.

Has anyone solved this riddle and can you fill me in?

P.S. Brought my new baby home last Tuesday and it is indeed a joy to drive. It's got a few quirks (like no CD player) but overall I am a very happy camper.
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 328i
An aside. Mexico is in North America.

2014 328i, Mineral Gray, Msport, Premium, Technology, Lighting, Driver Assistance.
Retired:
'11 F10 535i
'08 E60 535i
Old 06-30-2014, 01:03 AM
i3 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevej2001 View Post
An aside. Mexico is in North America.
Yes, Steve I know Mexico is in North America but as a resident of the United States, I kinda expected BMW would let me choose the United States as a country on the web site. That was my point.

Now putting aside your aside, you got any ideas on how I can get this i3 Remote app working?
Old 06-30-2014, 08:35 AM

Mein Auto: i3;previously X6;650i;M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattycb View Post
... any ideas on how I can get this i3 Remote app working?
Did you your dealer enable Road Side Assistance and did you press the button in the car to talk to a representative and confirm you are set up? Once this is done, you should be able to use i Remote with your email address (in uppercase) and the default password they gave you.

Separately, I was not able to use my old BMW Remote app yet. It still seems to be configured for the car I just turned in and I don't see where I can change this.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:33 AM
i3 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollner View Post
Did you your dealer enable Road Side Assistance?
Thanks, I'll call the dealer and get it set up. This dealer is notorious for selling cars in a rush and not dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's.

I'll report back if all goes well.