Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE

BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE
Are you excited about the upcoming BMW i3 or i8? Interested in learning more about the BMW ActiveE? This is the place for you!

Old 06-29-2014, 08:49 PM
i3 Driver

Mein Auto: BMW i3
To Fuel or Not to Fuel, That is the Question

Believe it or not, my dealer delivered my new i3 to me with an empty gas tank. So, here is my question. Should I fill the gas tank now or wait until I know I will be needing the REX? Is it bad for gas to sit in the tank possibly for months (I do a lot of local driving) without use?

Any thoughts?
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
I wouldn't worry too much about fuel sitting around for a relatively short period of time. It would be worse to get caught out having the range extender without the fuel to make it useful IMO. If you think it is going to be a much longer period of time, I know I have read of people putting Sta-Bil in their cars for storage in the winter. I have used it in my motorcycle during the winter and seemed to keep things in working order.