Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2004, 08:15 PM

Mein Auto: the MTA
Cool looking for some advice on X3 pricing

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and to BMW.

I am very interested in buying the X3, either 2.5 or 3.0.
It seems to be impossible to find these cars on the dealer lots with low factory options.

The long story short is that I thought I could find a 2.5 with a sunroof, leather and privicy glass (couple of other essentails as well)- all for right under 34,000.
It seems that all of these cars are stocked with the premium package and the cold package which turns the 2.5 into a 38,500 MSRP vehicle and the 3.0 into a 43,500 MSRP vehicle.

Now, its August, BMW sales were down last month, the 05's are comming soon, BMWNA Finance has 1.9 for 60 months, AND many of the dealerships in the NYC area have at least 4-8 of these things in the color range I would like.

If we calculate invoice at 91.6% a 42,670 3.0 is 39,256. I can't imagine there are not unpublished incentives from BMWNA, and considering that invoice is all over the web, I can't imagine that 'invoice' is 'invoice'.

So the bottom line is, I want to get one of these cars, in the worst case scenario, for right at or below that invoice price.

Is it possible? Would a 30 to 40 percent downpayment help?

It seems the dealer wants to convince me that all of these options are neccesary in order to maintain re-sale value, kind of 'conform' or 'get lost' extortionist tactic, propably common as well.

I don't mind having to fork out for options I'm not that interested in as long as I get a solid deal. And as always, he is only really interested in feeding me with his stock.

So if any one has any advice in this regard it would be much-much appreciated.

I hope to have the first hand knowlege to pass on to this forum soon!

thanks!
Ads by Google