Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:48 AM

Mein Auto: 120D
F21 - Upgrade from 6NH to 6NK

Hello

A year ago i ordered my first BMW, a 120D.

I've ordered the Business Navigation (Code 606) and Hands-free function (bluetooth basic) incl. USB (6NH) including a lot of other equipment.

I did not notice that the 6NK (Bluetooth and USB with audio streaming) was a opportunity at the time I've ordered my car

I would like to upgrade my bluetooth, so I'm able to use bluetooth audio streaming.
I've contacted 2 dealerships in Denmark - and none of them is saying it is possible, unless i buy the professional navigation (which is pretty expensive in Denmark).
According to the equipment list from when i bought the car, it should be possible to buy the audio streaming feature, but now it's not possible for me to upgrade.

I've read of a few people who succeeded on coding the unit.

Any suggestions how to upgrade?

Best regards from Denmark,
mrfoxdk
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2014, 10:19 AM

Mein Auto: RX450h, F15 on order
I've just coded this exact same thing for a colleague in his F20 1 series.

He had the 606 business nav with 6NH basic bluetooth. There will be a combox in the boot so all you need to do is code a change the Vehicle Order to add 6NS, upload to the car and recode the COMBOX and HU_CHAMP modules to default values, this enables the extra bluetooth streaming functionality, dual connected phones, everything except album art, and you don't even need to buy a token for E-Sys to do it, just a comms cable and download the software.

ShawnSheridan is the go to man for the software, get a cable from ebay or another member and the instructions to do the above are fairly readily available, though a little disjointed (as I found out myself yesterday). PM me if you want simple step by step instructions how to achieve this.

Happy to help a fellow newbie with coding.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:55 AM

Mein Auto: BMW F20
Hello Guys,

I have a F20 since 1 year and i do a mistake when i bought my car. I take only the 6NH option and now, i'm sad...

Can you explain me the procedure? I will send you a PM.

Thanks you.
Kerkhra