Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE

BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE
Are you excited about the upcoming BMW i3 or i8? Interested in learning more about the BMW ActiveE? This is the place for you!

Old 07-15-2014, 07:24 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Gas or Electric

Hello all

Next month my lease is up on a 2011 328xi where monthly are: $550. I currently live in the city where using mass transportation from buses, trains or walking gets me around. On weekends or week days when I need the car for various task, I might average 40 miles on a busy day but those days don't occur often. Since January gas fill ups average about twice a month at $50-60 depending on price of gas so I'm spending around let's say $100 for gas each month. Prior years I would fill up 3-4 times a month, luckily my job changed where I no longer need to commute long distances.

I've been looking at the i3 because my building has outlets for charging and the range is definitely within my average usage of a car. And would like to avoid paying gas too!

My two options are
1. Lease a new BMW something like a 2 series fully loaded comes out to $46K on a 36 month lease with $2500 down would be like $550. Take into gas consideration my totals is: $650 let's say $700.

2. Lease a new BMW i3 using Owner's Choice with Flex. Dealership has a Tera, Nav, heated seats, DC fast charge for around $50K. Would have to put $4500 down for 1st month, acquisition fee, tax, title, etc. Plus I would also owe BMW the $7500 for the flex. Monthly payment would be $575. My tax guy estimates I would get about $2500 back so then I would owe $5000 to BMW over 36 months would be about $140. Total monthly would be around $715.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by karupspc; 07-15-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Advertisement