Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 08-07-2014, 10:31 PM

Mein Auto: beemer
1991 525 Shocks

At the risk of bringing up a well discussed topic and being stoned to death, here goes
I've got a 1991 525i with a production month of 11/90, with that being said I intend on going with a fresh set of lowering springs and shocks to help the M parallels fill the wheel wells better aswell as freshen up the 20+ year old suspension components. With that being said, doing my research i've found the rather confusing shock differences that occurred on the cars around that time.
So far this has been an excellent reference:http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ference-thread
With that being said, I would need the second setup for 525's from 08/90 to 09/92 right?
Well doing my shopping around i've found that many specifically state they do NOT fit the 525 with an M50? Im leaning twards the vogtland/KYB combos that can be had on eBay for a reasonable amount.
Is there anyone with a definite answer as to which shocks would fit my application?

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2014, 08:09 PM

Mein Auto: beemer
Bump, anyone?

This is the kit im looking at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KYB-4-SHOCKS...1b49a1&vxp=mtr