Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i 330cic X5d MINI
Loving the X5

I just visited the forum for the car that I had prior to the X5. That car was a nightmare. Special ordered, lots of excitement and high hopes due to it having AWD combined with manual trans. The result was nothing but trouble and a car that was undrivable around San Francisco as a result of a weak clutch. I used to have to plan my routes around The City or take a different car. Needless to say, it was a huge disappointment.

It was traded in for the X5d 17 months after delivery. I have now had the X5 for 15 months and driven it about 20k miles and so far zero issues. Visiting the other forum made me realize that at this stage of the game with the previous car I had been to the dealer service dept with clutch complaints many times and was test driving potential replacements at every opportunity. The X5 is my 12th BMW in 17 years so I know they have their shares of problems and are far from perfection, but so far it's been a great experience. Not the sexiest or top of dream car list, but appreciating it more now for the beast of burden that it is than on day one.

Anyone else??

Advertisement
Old 08-14-2014, 07:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D
I hope you have fun with it! I know I am with mine!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Yes, I agree. A sports car would be more fun. This has a great mix utility and fun. Although, I still would have preferred wagon. I am still glad I got x5.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app