Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 08-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: everyone crazy
AC seems to blow cool air only from passenger side vents??

I have a strange problem on my 750lix.Today I noticed that the vents on the drivers side were blowing ambient air[warm] while the vents on the passenger side[both rear and front] were blowing cool air.I have both the dials in the blue zone, and the problem persists.Even on Max AC the vents on the drivers side seem to be blowing warmer air than desired.Is this something that happens often on BMW's?.It sucks that the car is only 6 months old...and I was thinking what a great one it has been.

I did a search and it seems that some owners from the e90 and E46 forums had similar issues.But I cant imagine that a 6 month old car can have low freon.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=999407

Last edited by cukoodukoo; 08-11-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2014, 04:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 750Li
I doubt it's low refrigerant. My guess would be that one of the flappers in the A/C unit is malfunctioning. Keep us up to date with what you find.

According to 08_F01 Climate Control:

Quote:
The IHDA 4 has a total of 15 stepper motors for automatic airflow distribution.
As Scotty on Star Trek said "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain"

Your dealer has probably worked on these systems a bunch

jeff

Last edited by jgbackes; 08-11-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 750Li
On my wife's 650 you had to go in thru the iDrive and change the climate control settings - it sounds like maybe the drivers side is set to warm and the passenger side is set to cold. Can you check this way? This was in addition to the red/blue dot slider on the vent. Seemed like an over engineered solution to a problem I had never had before in my life.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftlane11 View Post
On my wife's 650 you had to go in thru the iDrive and change the climate control settings - it sounds like maybe the drivers side is set to warm and the passenger side is set to cold. Can you check this way? This was in addition to the red/blue dot slider on the vent. Seemed like an over engineered solution to a problem I had never had before in my life.
I dont see any further settings for climate under climate setting in i drive.There is an option to control the rear climate settings and some timed climate control which are all turned off.I am even hearing hissing sound when the climate control starts now.I wouldn't have minded so much if the dealer wasn't two hrs away.Its just a pain to take a weekday off my schedule and take a new car to the dealer for such nonsense that should have never happened.

Oh gosh..I was almost ready to sell my MDX off and get a Touareg.I am having second thoughts now.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: 12 750LiX
Leak? Fuse? XDrive settings. Its always something.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW7XAudi View Post
Leak? Fuse? XDrive settings. Its always something.
I doubt its a fuse as the cooling has gradually got worse over two days.Now even the passenger side vents are blowing hot air.Its insane sitting in a luxury car sweating like a pig in summer.My commute is 5 min max ,I think I can pull on till friday.

where is the fuse box on the 7?
Old 08-12-2014, 06:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 750Li
Two places:
In the glove compartment
In the cargo area

jeff
Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 PM

Mein Auto: 750LI M3 Mustang Tundra
A friend had the same problem. took it in the dealer they said that it was low refrigerant.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:27 AM

Update:

I took it to the dealership over the weekend ,They kept it for a night and I had to drive back 2 hrs to get it on Saturday.Apparently there was an O Ring which was leaking .They had to replace it and the AC is back .The drive when I was dropping the car off was crazy uncomfortable with No AC though.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:58 AM

Mein Auto: 12 750LiX
glad you have it back. you live in the middle of nowhere and drive a bmw 7? balz!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW7XAudi View Post
glad you have it back. you live in the middle of nowhere and drive a bmw 7? balz!
Thanks! you never realise how important the AC is for sanity until you lose one[both]. I do visit the nearest city every other weekend.Routine maintenance has never been problem.Yes it would be awesome if I were closer to the dealer though.

Last edited by cukoodukoo; 08-19-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
Glad to learn that you got this problem sorted out. Minor things like this can happen; however, my overall experience with my F01 was nothing short of fantastic. Hope your will be the same!

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus