Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-18-2014, 02:07 PM

Mein Auto: Honda
Pricing

Given the few recent purchases of 28i M Sports on here - would anyone mind disclosing their deal?

The one I am building I believe is about 54k and change, essentially a full blown X3 Msport.

Anything to anticipate? I figured 3-4k off is not completely out of the question.
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Depending on how competitive your area is, I would expect at least 7% off.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: Honda
One dealer wanted an automatic 2% on invoice. Seemed odd. I did not negotiate any pricing yet, however, as I was trying to see what my trade was worth as well.

I also saw a few posters eluding to the tire replacement being a sham. Given the expense of run flats - I actually thought it might be good money spent. I was searching for the original thread about this but could not find it. Worth it?
Old 08-19-2014, 08:15 AM

Mein Auto: Mini Countryman S
Can someone comment on the differences one should expect in % off when buying off the lot compared with a factory order? I assume there will be more negotiating power when buying off the lot, but am curious to what others have experienced. I am currently thinking about placing a factory order.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:17 AM

The invoice price is about 8% off MSRP, some region have training and MACO added to the price which is about $550. 2% is not a bad price, but you can probably do 1% better, it depends if the $500 is worth your time. Maybe you can squeeze more out of the trade instead.
If you live in an area where are roads are really bad, tire insurance might be worth it, but I would shop around, BMW's price is outrageous.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:52 AM

Mein Auto: Soon to be X3
I'd suggest contacting one of our forum sponsors (Greg Poland @ Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA or Jon Schaffer at Santa Barbara BMW) and they'll hook you up Or see if there are any board sponsors that are closer by to your location.

I placed an order a few weeks ago and expect delivery probably 2nd week of September. Feel free to PM me for any questions, but as to pricing, invoice (including MACO + Training) plus a few hundred is doable.

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 X3 xdrive28i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick2015 View Post
Given the few recent purchases of 28i M Sports on here - would anyone mind disclosing their deal?

The one I am building I believe is about 54k and change, essentially a full blown X3 Msport.

Anything to anticipate? I figured 3-4k off is not completely out of the question.
Mine wasn't a smoking deal, then again it was a custom order and the very first on the ground in Denver. This Saturday marks 3 months with my 2015.

I paid invoice +$1,000 (BMW's price) + $675 (auto broker fee) + $500ish for maco/training fee for my region.

Not the best deal, but I'm cool with it.

Past BMWs:
2011 E70 xDrive50i
2006 E90 330xi
Old 08-19-2014, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzosd View Post
I'd suggest contacting one of our forum sponsors (Greg Poland @ Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA or Jon Schaffer at Santa Barbara BMW) and they'll hook you up Or see if there are any board sponsors that are closer by to your location.

I placed an order a few weeks ago and expect delivery probably 2nd week of September. Feel free to PM me for any questions, but as to pricing, invoice (including MACO + Training) plus a few hundred is doable.

Good luck!

In a competitive market I totally agree with this. Same thing in NJ. I will say that when I purchased my last BMW I told the sales guy +$500 over invoice + MACO and Training. They showed me the sales order which matched up exactly with what I found online. It was a special order from Germany on the LCI 5 Series before they started showing up on lots. I thought it was a win win. Sales guy did quite a bit of work for me and I wasn't interested in haggling. Sales guy did quite a bit of searching for leftover 2014s for my consideration.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.

Last edited by Bmwlvr60; 08-19-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:01 PM

Mein Auto: Soon to be X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagil9 View Post
Mine wasn't a smoking deal, then again it was a custom order and the very first on the ground in Denver. This Saturday marks 3 months with my 2015.

I paid invoice +$1,000 (BMW's price) + $675 (auto broker fee) + $500ish for maco/training fee for my region.

Not the best deal, but I'm cool with it.
I say if you're happy with the car, happy with transaction with the dealer/CA, then it's a great deal in my book

I know a guy who walked out on a deal over 100 bucks. He probably spent more in time and gas over a measly hundred
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 Xdrive28i
is this ok

Hi
One dealer just accepted 41k for a 2014 X3 Xdrive28i with the following options:
- msrp 46200
- fineline wave wood
- driver assist pkg
- lightning pkg
- premium pkg (leather, pano, keyless entry, etc)

Is this a good deal? or is a great deal?

thanks
Old 08-28-2014, 06:03 AM

mindanalyzer, hard to believe they still have 2014 on the lot. $41K is about $1500 below invoice and if MACO and training applies in your region, then its $2000 below invoice. Its a good price at best, not great, since its a 2014.